Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSE EMT interviews 2009

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Boot Leg Mick

London Ambulance Service, The East of England Ambulance Service and the North West Ambulance Service over in the UK are all recruiting for Student Paramedics. The money isn't as good as here in Ireland but hay, at least they are recruiting unlike over here where there is a recruitment freeze in public sector. Might be worth a shot. You'll need a UK driving licence for a car and the C1 licence too. Check it out

http://www.jobisjob.co.uk/student-paramedic/jobs

or try the NHS Careers website

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭DUBDUBDUB

And not too sure about the outcome at all. half an hour is way too short when the one person in the interview takes 5-7 mins to go over the interview structure!

Was asked for another example and had one prepared so that went ok, other examples fine but when asked about Phecc i kind of had a mental block.

Will find out within 2 weeks apparently, Does anyone know for sure how many positions there are? I have been given 3 substantially different numbers by 3 different people within the service. Anyone have a fourth??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Gracesla

Hey, I've got my interview on Friday. Any tips on what they asked etc would be great. Also, did anyone do the prep course and did what did they have in it that we wouldn't already know? :D Also what do they want us to know about PHECC and the HSE?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 WESTMEATH22

Hi all. I have my interview tomorrow. If anyone can give any help it would be really appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 EMTrying

Hey all, hope interviews are going well, I have mine on Friday!!

Emer tech: have you had yours yet? If so howd it go?

• Advertisement

Hello All,

dont want to sound mean spirited but i think all should bear in mind this IS a competition. I had my interview on Monday with no tips or hints from anyone. It would be somewhat unfair and indeed foolish for those who have interviewed to provide their fellow competitors with detailed info regarding interview questions.

I sincerely wish everyone the best of luck but would ask all to remind themselves that if they interviewed before me would they be so quick to offer me guidance that could potentially affect their position in the final outcome??

PS. I am aware my earlier post mentioned PHECC but assumed that all knew that would be a standard question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 COS1

I had my interview yesterday, done and dusted now, I feel it went well. they seemed happy enough. But im sure they are like that with everyone. its impossible to give tips for a structured interview. Even if i could i wouldnt:D for the reasons in the above post!! good luck all, If its for you it wont pass you by.

P.s. Could anyone tell me roughly how many they have been told they are taking in?? cheers.

Hey Dubdubdub
    I agree, posting details of questions from your interview would be detrimental to all involved and also I think, against the rules of the forum. No harm in general chat though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 willie joe

Hi there, and good luck in advance everyone,
    I suppose this is a silly question but what was the general dress code on the day anyone, I know a suit would be the wise choice but their so damn hot. Can anyone help?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

DUBDUBDUB wrote: »
    dont want to sound mean spirited but i think all should bear in mind this IS a competition. I had my interview on Monday with no tips or hints from anyone. It would be somewhat unfair and indeed foolish for those who have interviewed to provide their fellow competitors with detailed info regarding interview questions.

How times have changed. When I went for my interview a few years back a few of us who'd met at the appitude stages kept in touch and tipped each other off when the interviews came around. Some who even came out of the interview room stopped for a moment with the nervous bunch outside to give them a few pointers, some topics that you may have forgotten about that just might come up in the interview. Some of us now work alongside each other and are the best of friends, a friendship which started at the appitude stages and developed at the interview stages.

But as EMTrying pointed out, (quoted below) it may be against forum rules, but there's always the PM option.
    Did you all take the time to visit a station or two, or maybe the control room to get an understanding of the day to day running of an ambulance station and the service itself? This will always help when you go for interview.

I'd just like to wish each and everyone of you the very best of luck and I'm sure I'll get to work alongside some of you.

EMTrying wrote: »
    Hey Dubdubdub
    I agree, posting details of questions from your interview would be detrimental to all involved and also I think, against the rules of the forum. No harm in general chat though. :)

• Advertisement

"How times have changed. When I went for my interview a few years back a few of us who'd met at the appitude stages kept in touch and tipped each other off when the interviews came around. Some who even came out of the interview room stopped for a moment with the nervous bunch outside to give them a few pointers, some topics that you may have forgotten about that just might come up in the interview. Some of us now work alongside each other and are the best of friends, a friendship which started at the appitude stages and developed at the interview stages"

Truly heartwarming . Unfortunately, in the real world I have a small child and have not worked since redundancy in August 08. I would reassert that anyone who PM's other competitors with interview tips and hints are only achieving 2 things, shooting themselves in the foot and easing the path for people that havent done (or couldnt be bothered doing) the ground work to sneak into the NAS

If I am succesful (really not too sure about it !) I have pretty much done it off my own back not because i have schmoozed my way in with people online, people that i havent even met.

As I said good luck to all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

just wondering did anyone get any idea when nats are going to run a class. I'm aware that theres a class due to start from the previous campaign and was told by a reliable source that a few from our campaign would be needed to make up the numbers.

had the interview. good luck to all.

Hi everybody. I presume that everyone has their interview done by now. I found it tough enough. One of them really quizzed me on the different stages of the course. I could answer all the questions I just hope my answers were good enough.
    I heard that 200 were being interviewed for 50 places on the panal.

Hi everybody. I presume that everyone has their interview done by now. I found it tough enough. One of them really quizzed me on the different stages of the course. I could answer all the questions I just hope my answers were good enough.

Did they tell you that there was only 50?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 walkingtheline

Got a bit of a surprise when they asked about the specific course modules etc, anyone else get that question??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Wasnt a woman any chance???? Yeah they really went hard on the course stuff with me too, Good job i had an idea not great mind you but I'm a good bluffer :)

Anyway I asked about the panel and I was told that whoever passed the required minimum in the interview would be put on the panel wheter that is 50 or 150 thats how they work it. Then they call them up in order of merit but if your past the fifty mark I'd say you could be waiting a while :(

Hopefully I got the pass this time, Had an answer for all the questions thank god but you never know....

Best of luck to all those who done the interview and hopefully we'll meet up in Ballinasloe :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 walkingtheline

It was a man, Im not that great a bluffer, read through all the material but names of modules and exam dates dont stick in the mind, that part I felt let me down, everything else was OK, i'll not be holding my breath to be within the 50, ahh well.

At the time of the exam I rang the public appointments and they told me that the first 50 would get called anything after that is a waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭emer tech

EMTrying wrote: »
    Hey all, hope interviews are going well, I have mine on Friday!!

Emer tech: have you had yours yet? If so howd it go?

hi EMTTrying,

i had mine friday too:)
    think it went ok. . .was very nervous, i did alot of babbling, thought the interview panel were very nice and friendly. roll on results ;)

Hi Emer Tech

Sounds like you did pretty well. Mine on the other hand... Well lets just say it didn't go exactly to plan! Didn't really enjoy the question on the training programme, I gave an outline of it but they pretty much wanted a detailed discription. Also I didn't really answer the structure of the NAS very well either. Sure it's done now, though I'm not feelin too confident about it.

Good luck to all anyway, if its ment to be etc.. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

I was told today by very reliable source that the panel is now made up and the results will be posted early next week.. :) Have every finger and toe crossed and on my knees all day saying prayers....

Hopefully everone from here got on it, I know how hard it is to lose out ( I missed it last year by five points!!! This year hopefully it will be better )

Just a quick pointer to anyone who might be unfortunate enough to be turned down.. You can request a copy of the written notes taken by the interviewers from Manorhamilton. I got mine from last year and could really see where I went wrong. Wheter or not it helped me this time I dont know yet but I could really see the mistakes I made and helped me understand the whole process a bit better.

Best of luck to all.. I really hope ye all get in and of course me too!!

I heard that they are taking 20 people to finish the last panel which is starting the end of june, then there will be another class starting september.
    Best of luck to all.:)

Hi everyone. I was just wondering did anyone have their references checked, you know the three names you had to give. Mine were not checked, hopefully this is not a bad sign.

Hi WESTMEATH22

It says on the information booklet

'a panel of successful candidates may be formed as a result of the interviews, ect ,
    within the life of the panel be considered for a place on the training programme and subsequent approved vacanies, the candidate who obtains first place on the panel will be the first candidate considered for a place'
    subject to satisfactory clearances, and so on in order of merit

I assume this means the panel will be formed and if your called for training they will be looking at your references at this stage. If they were to check references and garda clearance on everyone , we d be waiting months to hear back about our results of the interview. . .

That s just my opinion, i could be wrong :o
    best of luck to all

Thanks for the info' Emer Tech. Hopefully there is good news in the post for us all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

just wondering if anybody knows personally any of the students expected to start training next monday. havent seen or heard anything from them on any forum. do they really exist

hopefully so ,
    starting to get a bit impatient now , i will be watching for the postman everyday next week and i ll be dissapointed everyday when he drives past my house, willin the next 24 hrs to hurry up :( also wondering what panel numbers we should be getting excited about (first 30 would be nice:))

wexfjord wrote: »
    just wondering if anybody knows personally any of the students expected to start training next monday. havent seen or heard anything from them on any forum. do they really exist

The one that was meant to be starting at the end of May was put back until the end of June so the numbers can be made up from our group. (20 Iv heard) and then a further 30 starting in september.

wexfjord wrote: »

Have to say i ve heard nothing from anyone else about the new class starting, saying that i did nt ring the college to ask. . .
    but i have asked the question on another forum about anyone knowing anyone starting the new class this month. . . and got no replys

some are saying the new class from the last of the previous panel is starting monday others are saying that some of the 09 panel are needed to fill the class . . . . so does anyone really know :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 pagey2

Hi all, im new to this forum so im not used to it at all. im just wondering if anyone knows when the hse recruitment drive on again, im a qulified emt, i didnt have my c1 license for the last drive i do have it now but im just playing the waiting game. if anyone could shed some light on this id be greatful.

Advertisement