Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSE EMT interviews 2009

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

hopefully they're waiting on us to fill a class. nobody seems to know for sure. before the interviews were postponed they were definitely taking in some of our group but some people reckon that changed as that class is due to start. its all speculation and hearsay, hopefully there will be good news in the post for some or all of us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Any word yet? Post doesn't arrive til lunch down here

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭DUBDUBDUB

Anyone seen my postman??

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭emer tech

post comes about 12 ish here, i was hoping someone would be on line telling us the letters are out :p
    don t think i ll be able to wait another day

well nothing in the post today, only stupid election rubbish:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

The best of luck to all of you waiting on news, see you on the road some day:)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Para1

COS1 wrote: »
    The one that was meant to be starting at the end of May was put back until the end of June so the numbers can be made up from our group. (20 Iv heard) and then a further 30 starting in september.

i know a fella started today ,it wasnt put back until the end of june,there is 21 of them in the class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 COS1

Thats what a Paramedic told me, he must have recieved incorrect imformation. september must be the next one starting so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

Para1 wrote: »
    i know a fella started today ,it wasnt put back until the end of june,there is 21 of them in the class.
    That's The class starting today using up the last of the 08 Selection Panel!
    Next class starting in September (afaik) is the start of the 09 Panel ..

• Registered Users Posts: 11 lucky_1

Great news, post man arrived at 7.30 this morning, im number 25 on the panel. Best of luck to all today who waiting for results, roll on September. :D

:D

• Advertisement

well done lucky 1,:D brilliant result
    thanks for the info, waiting is almost over:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

lucky_1 wrote: »
    Great news, post man arrived at 7.30 this morning, im number 25 on the panel. Best of luck to all today who waiting for results, roll on September. :D

Congrats, hopefully you'll be able to sneak into the first class with that!

Came in a number 60 in the panel. Really thought i did better than that. Oh well, Good luck to all. Maybe see you in the future.

Its nearly over. I can see the feckin postman but he's chattin to some biddies down the road!! Come on! Too many impatient people waiting for post.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭k_d

Its finall arrived.... 44th.

happy enough, hopefully get a start within the year.

came 51 on the panel:) now i'm confused as ever. . . . wonder when we'll know about future training.. . .
    Just glad i'm on the panel :)

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭k_d

emer tech wrote: »
    Just glad i'm on the panel :)

hardest part is done, all a waiting game now...fingers crossed...

anyone know how many were used from last panel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

k_d wrote: »
    hardest part is done, all a waiting game now...fingers crossed...

anyone know how many were used from last panel?

dont know exactly how many were used but i did hear that the last panel is now finished... i.e. 08 panel is finished.

by the way Many Congrats to all who were succesful:D and also a hard luck to those who didn't make it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 standclear

came 23rd..happy enough!:)

Unfortunately after all the waiting I wasnt so lucky :( Really disappointed and will definitely appeal the marking as its totally out of context. Hopefully the appeals process isnt as corrupt as the HSE :)

Best of luck to all who got on the panel. Really wish I could be joining you, Hopefully the appeal might do something for me fingers crossed.

• Advertisement

sorry to hear that omeara darragh, wonder how many are on the panel?

As i came in 60th, do i have a chance or not? I know i can pretty much kiss this year goodbye but could be on the borderline for next year. If so, does anyone know when a class is supposed to start in 2010?

Have been out of work for an eternity and not looking forward to waiting and waiting and waiting etc

I know in the current climate that no-one really knows but any straws i can clutch would be much appreciated.

Alternately, if i am pretty much on the scrap heap it would be better to know now so i can reassess my plansand start thinking about the IATI course.

Well done all, good luck with the appeal Darragh, hope it works out for you

Dub 60th isn't bad at all. You could be in sooner than you think. Also thanks to all for th
    e support. I will be going ahead with the appeal. My main quimm is that I only got about 20 min for the interview. Last year I had almost 50mins ! This year I'm convinced it was cos I went in at 5 to 1 and everyone was rushing to get to lunch. Anyway have spoken to a girl in the projects office and the procedure was fully explained.

Hi DUBDUBDUB

nodody knows what classes are coming up, even september class is just speculation (hope it does go ahead). we will have to wait for offical confirmation. . ..
    we will know more soon cause if sept is going ahead 09 panel will have to go for medicals and get clearance checks done and i'm sure they will keep us posted :) I'm in the same boat as you, i would say to you to get on with any training you have planned or get some good books to study in the mean time and give yourself a head start because the course will be tough going. and we will be doing it sooner or later:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

Congrats to all, I'm sure we'll meet on your placements as we get a lot of students in our station, don't forget the teabags because the HSE tea is like stagnant water:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bocboc

Unfortunately I'm one of the unlucky ones who didn't make it through. I'm devastated. Congratulations and best of luck to those of you who did.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 EMTrying

Hey all,
    My number in order of merit was in the 70's so I'm not quite sure what to think yet, happy I suppose, seeing as I didn't have a great interview! Anyone here know how many were picked? I don't mind waiting for training, though would hate for the panel to expire before I got trained!

Well done everyone anyway and unlucky for those who didn't get it this time.

did anyone ring manorhamilton to find out about future classes ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8 the jam

Hello everyone first time user here. Came in the 80's Gerldine says hear some news in 2010. Heres hoping.

• Advertisement

Hi the jam,

was she refering to your placement or the start of the 09 panel ?

Advertisement