Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSE EMT interviews 2009

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8 the jam

As far as I know my placement . Says will get text 8 weeks prior

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭emer tech

thanks for the info

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭k_d

anyone know what size the classes are for ballinaloe?

and any word if the top couple were givin the chance to fill the starting class now?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭DUBDUBDUB

My contact finally got to speak to a Senior NAS person involved in the coordination of training. He says that the plan is to start a class in September with around the 30 + mark in in. They want to fit in around 35 but there are guidelines regarding class size/instructor ratio.

Also, the plan is to start another class in Jan 2010. However, he reiterated that plans change so stay on your toes. For all of us that didnt make it into the first 30 there is hope as he says that on average a minimum 10 people wont start for some reason or another. e.g. undeclared criminal history, lies on references, medical failure etc.

Its also less likely as it used to be but in the 7 months leading to January at least a couple will accept other jobs.

So there is hope folks. If anyone else has more speculation though i would be glad to hear it!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 kb84

Hey guys new to this but was succesfull in the interviews. the course that is starting soon ie in the next few weeks is it in dublin or ballinasloe? i sthe course in sept ment 2b in dub or ballinasloe? thanks for any help

• Advertisement

course that started this month is in dublin afaik. . . assuming next one is in ballinasloe

thanks for that. does any1 hav any details on the medical and wat kinda eye sight is required?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

kb84: Please read this.

Thanks.

kb84 wrote: »
    thanks for that. does any1 hav any details on the medical and wat kinda eye sight is required?

looking through previous posts, it seems to be the basics, b/p, urine sample, ears nose throat. . . past medical history. eye sight report, not sure of the actual requirements( ie 20/20 vision)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Ok,m just to keep anyone who is currently appealing the decision like myself, Had a lenghty conversation with the manager of the recruitment competition and the appeal process goes on the following process:

Informal review: To be taken up with the recruitment manager aka the person who sent the letter. They will review it and base thier decision on findings from the interviewer notes etc and relay them back to you in writing (email) and also by telephone conversation where they will explain thier reasons and discuss any grievances you may have.

Formal Review: If not happy with outcome of informal review you can further proceed to the next step which must be lodged within two working days of result of informal review. The details of who to contact etc are forwarded in the report from the informal review. This will be conducted and the findings relayed to you within 20 days.

Refferal to a decisions arbitrator: If the findings of the formal review are not to your liking this is the next and final step in the appeal process, All findings will be reviewed and submissions from yourself and the interview panel etc will be assesed and a decision from there will be made. The decision from this part of the appeal is FINAL!!!

Hopefully this will be of use to some of you who were unlucky, But a word of warning to anyone appealing.. Be very precise on what you base your appeal on and be wary of what interviewers have written down in the notes example in my case.. I Based my appeal on the fact that I recieved a much shorter time for interview as the whole timetable was running behind considerably and I was not interviewed until 12.55 which was coming ito the interviewers lunchtime funnily enough the notes stated that I started my interview at 12.40 and that I recieved a fair and equal amount of time. In the end its my word against thiers and to be honest I dont hold out much hope that my word will mean anything in this case but to keep to my principles I will fight htis to the very end and maybe the fact that I did fight it will show that I'm determined to have the facts known, but as the government and departments are corrupt free ahem!!!! I think they will stand together on the matter.

If anyone else is appealing the decision please keep me informed as to your progress.

Finally to anyone reading this thinking I'm whinging because I didnt get in please note that I'm not whinging I just believe that I should of got an equal chance as much as anyone else got! I dont think that I am being unreasonable in requesting that. The fact my interview went far into the lunchbreak of the interviewing panel shouldnt have anything to do with anyone getting a shorter interview or being pushed throught the questions and not being allowed to really show the skills I have.

Hopefully common sense will prevail and that I meet someone on the way through the process who actually agrees with me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 EMTrying

Hey Darragh

Hopefully your appeal works out for you, you seem very determined. Just wondering what’s the best case scenario, would you have to go to the bottom of the panel if you were successful?
    Basically what I’m thinking is that there may not be much difference time wise from the end of this panel and the start of the next possible 2010 panel seeing as I think the last 08 class just started and the first 09 is September.
    Just a thought. Best of luck anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

I honestly don't know exactly how it would work out. Being last on the panel wouldn't be such a bad thing. From what I've read they are under no obligation to re-interview but they can order it if the circumstances are too hard to call. Being honest if much prefer if I was interviewed and given the allowed and prescribed time as then I could say that it was my knowledge and not my appeal that got me onto the panel. However I get the feeling that the formal appeal will take the side of the interviewers and not mine. Hardly fair but that's just how it goes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

I just believe that I should of got an equal chance as much as anyone else got! I dont think that I am being unreasonable in requesting that.

Fair point and the best of luck with the appeal.

good luck with it darragh

keep us posted...

best of luck darragh. has anyone heard anything regarding a class starting in september?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Gracesla

Hey everyone,

I was another one of the unlucky ones that didn't get in. I missed out by 4 points so was a bit frustrated. I thought the interview went pretty bad on my part though so was glad it was just by that much. It means I'l def get in next time around :D. I thought about appealing it too just to see if I could get those 4 points back but can't really say much they were being unfair about. Did anyone else get a bit of a good cop/bad cop feel about it?

best of luck darragh. has anyone heard anything regarding a class starting in september?

24 from the new panel are due to be called for training in September in Ballinasloe.
    The next 36 to be called before the end of the year to start training in Dublin.

This is from a very reliable source but do keep in mind that it is the HSE and they change their mind like Ireland changes it's weather.

thanks bang bang. as i am from dublin and i finshed in the top 24 will i be offered ballinasloe and if i was to turn it down that means i drop to the bottom of the panel?

thanks bang bang. as i am from dublin and i finshed in the top 24 will i be offered ballinasloe and if i was to turn it down that means i drop to the bottom of the panel?

I wouldn't go taking that chance just for the sake of not having to travel and reside in Ballinasloe. I know it'd be a pain in the butt, especially as the second batch are due for training in Dublin later on. But do keep in mind that you will be forfeiting "seniority" for want of a better term, for when the chance comes to transfer back to your own area or for permanent rostering in a station further down the road.
    You proved yourself in interview to warrant your panel number on merit so take what you worked hard for and deserve;)

cheers bang bang for the all the help

• Advertisement

hi everyone
    friend of mine who came in the twenties on the panel told me he rang manorhamilton during the week, the story they told him is . . . class could be starting in october taking 24 recruits, nothing is confirmed yet !!! they also told him the last panel is nt finished yet !!!!!!!!

i personally think the panel has finished but does anyone know ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

08 Panel is finished, Told by several serving Paramedics.

Thanks for that DubMedic :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

Not a problem emer_tech.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8 the jam

same as that panel finished . Roll on 2010!

As the guys say the 08 panel is done and dusted,

I do be in manor a bit through work and Iv been talking to a few people in recruitment there and they also say a class in sept/oct is looking likely, they were not sure on numbers. there "should" also be a class about 4 months after the 1st one starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭murf313

hi there,

I was successful in the interviews and got on the panel(around the 10 mark). Was on the phone with manorhamilton to find out any info regarding the first class and when letters for medicals etc would be sent out. Im in the pdf so have to sort out my discharge etc. They told me there is a class slated for the last monday in sep (not signed and sealed yet) the class will be made up of 8 from the last panel and 24 of the new panel. Letters will be sent out around the end of july or start of august. Afaik there will be a second class at the start of the new year.

Hey guys i was speaking with NAS recruitment and i was told that they have penciled in a course to begin oct 5 up in dublin. This hasnt been confirmed but i just thought i would share my info.

hi all,
    anyone hear anything about their garda clearance? friend of mine 21 on the panel got a phone call from recruitment quering his postal address, and told him they have completed his clearance and its fine. would they be just checking the first class or all the panel at this stage???

• Advertisement

Hi emer tech

its just the first 30 that have been sent forward for garda clearance so yes the first class. i know this because there was also a problem with my vetting form and i called the nas recruitment

Advertisement