Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mock Results..

Options
  • 03-03-2009 10:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

hey i've kind of done bad in practically all my mocks and im even thinking that im definitely going to have to repeat my leaving cert next year! but i really dont want to and i was wondering is there any chance of really changing your mark by working extra hard? is there enough time?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭daithiolabhrai

yeh of course. the most important thing is not to get too bogged down by the mocks, because it will only act as a distraction. don't even get thoughts into your head about repeating, or you'll just get depressed and lack incentive to work

i'd advise you to just work normally and consistently over the next while, don't overdo it, and then when you get you're results you may be pleasantly surprised about how much you can improve in 3 months!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 sofa kingcool

some teachers can make you feel like its not possible now though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

There's three months left! If you seriously put your head down and work your arse off, I see no reason why you couldn't go up a grade or two in most subjects. Talk to your teachers and see have they any advice/study plans/'come up every year' type areas in the subjects, and work from there!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Teachers may give off the vibe early in the year of "don't leave it too late" etc., which is mostly to try to motivate you to start studying earlier on, because that's the most stress-free approach to the LC. However, you still have all of March, April and May in which to prepare for your exams. I imagine you've finished or almost finished most of your courses by now, so it's just revision from here on out. Certainly it's possible to go up if you can knuckle down and put the work in. Don't waste time thinking and worrying you might have to repeat - start studying!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭daithiolabhrai

some teachers can make you feel like its not possible now though :(

teachers are f***ers sometimes!! you have to be able to believe in yourself and not be dependent on the views of some uninformed teachers. if they truely show a genuine concern for you they'll offer a suggestion (e.g. drop down a level) but some just like to moan. i'm sure you know which teachers they are!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Gloom

Yes, keep your head down and work. It's going to be a very weird few weeks until the results of the mocks blow over.

I'm expecting my business result tomorrow and I know it won't be good. However, I plan to learn from my mistakes (too little info? / wrong phrasing? etc) Others may gloat about their results if they cheated/are just great students but everyone is different.

TL;DR, keep your head up (or down in the books!) and keep a positive attitude. Start now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I'm feeling the same, getting around 40% in most of my mocks, haven't done a tap yet and I just keep doing nothing thinking oh it's too late now even though it isn't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

* laugh pathetically *

i did that bad in maths? OMG OMG...

:eek::eek::eek:

it's so depressing, didn't think i was that bad..

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭smndly

I got a D2 in physics in the mock last year and got an A1 in the LC so just work ur ass off!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Yeah don't worry. Loads of time left. There will still be days between nopw and the LC when you'll be bored stiff! Long way to go. Just do a good bit each night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

I went up almost 30% in Chemistry.
    I went down in Maths though. And English.

Overall you'll probably go up if you work. It's not too late at all. No way!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

This made me smile. The mocks was pretty crap for me :( failed a few ..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

yeah seeing all the 80%'s everywhere on the results thread has me going gah.. with all my like 50%'s, has motivated me though to work hard from now on to try and get the grades i need/want.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

kateos2 wrote: »
    yeah seeing all the 80%'s everywhere on the results thread has me going gah.. with all my like 50%'s, has motivated me though to work hard from now on to try and get the grades i need/want.

Indeed,

Anyways, Kudos to everyone who's getting the grades!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Des23

I think we should all keep in mind that no one cares about how your pres go this time next year. It's better to do bad and use those results for motivation for June, rather than do well and think you can just cruise along and not go up or even go backwards when you had an additional three months of preparation. That would be something I'd find far more worrying that not doing excellently in Feburary/March

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

When you're counting the 5 points from a pass in OL Irish due to failing numerous HL subjects, you know you're ****ed. I'm still beleiving though, and you should too. Don't worry, many of us are in the same boat.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭meathawk

Maths 65%
    French 60%
    Classics 60%
    Geography 65%
    Irish 88%
    English 70%
    Physics 51% :S

overall I am happy enough I suppose .....I thought physics would be a lot better however but some people failed and many got lower Ds

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

meathawk wrote: »
    Maths 65%
    French 60%
    Classics 60%
    Geography 65%
    Irish 88%
    English 70%
    Physics 51% :S

overall I am happy enough I suppose .....I thought physics would be a lot better however but some people failed and many got lower Ds

Physics marking was hard though

Our teacher corrected about 300, and the highest mark was a few b1's. And he always corrects fairly enough aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

I failed pretty much everything. Except English. I'm not too worried.

Advertisement