Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dr. Lektroluv

• 03-03-2009 10:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭

What does boards think of Dr. Lektroluv? Not a big fan of his own work but I have his live set from Rockwerchter, savage mix.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

Yep, that Boyz Noise remix of My Moon My Man that he starts off the Rock Werchter mix with is fookin savage.

Have me ticket bought for the Academy, lookin forward to it now. Just hope it's not full of scumbags now!!

Check out his Extrema Outdoor mix aswell, shit hot!!

There's a d/l available through vuze/azureus called the minimal mix with three very good live mixes on it, worth d/ling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭t0mm

Cheers, will do! I doubt there will be, its not really scobe music, I can't see a scobe paying 23 big ones for a dj they've never heard of.

"Wha's dis green fein wi' a focking telephone on stage wha?":cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

It will be scobe free, but sadly packed to the rafters with scenesters / hipsters. Id rather scobers there to be honest as they're not pathetic lost sheep.

Thats whats putting me off going to lektroluv, being in something resembling a cast of an episode of skins or something of the like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭RaverRo808

It will be scobe free, but sadly packed to the rafters with scenesters / hipsters. Id rather scobers there to be honest as they're not pathetic lost sheep.

Thats whats putting me off going to lektroluv, being in something resembling a cast of an episode of skins or something of the like

Ya have to love the 'scobes' man we get the place getting,create abit of madness,I like your man Lektroluv,anything with a good gimmick like that is always a good buzz,just the people and the scene that goes with it annoys me

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Sawe him last year in the Academy - it was an ok gig but some of the stuff he plays is just way to synthy for me..

• Advertisement

For anyone thinking of going, its 23.30 on ticketmaster, or 15 from the student union shop in trinity, I just got my ticket plus three for friends in ucd, they didn't ask for my trinity ID or anything, saves the price of a nagan to pre drink with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

That is an outrageous price to see a Dj who comes here about 5 times a year-he'd be one of the better electrohouse Dj's mind - though that ridiculous mask and phone inevitably attracts scenesters and the like... the rock werchter cd is actually decent enough though, i agree with ya there

That's the problem there, because electro/electro-house is "cool" these days they know they can charge that and still sell out. He is a headline act though, I mean you wouldn't get to see soulwax or 2 many dj's for €15.

23 snots - ah, they know the hipsters will pay it.

Cheers for the heads up regards trinity, i might further consider it now.

t0mm wrote: »
    That's the problem there, because electro/electro-house is "cool" these days they know they can charge that and still sell out. He is a headline act though, I mean you wouldn't get to see soulwax or 2 many dj's for €15.

You would...just not in this rip off country

• Advertisement

lads this is an event ran by a certain promoter. this thread should be closed.

just after realising now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

lads this is an event ran by a certain promoter. this thread should be closed.

just after realising now.

in fairness these gigs have been talked about for ages and no-one ever noticed/bothered shutting them down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

t0mm wrote: »
    For anyone thinking of going, its 23.30 on ticketmaster, or 15 from the student union shop in trinity, I just got my ticket plus three for friends in ucd, they didn't ask for my trinity ID or anything, saves the price of a nagan to pre drink with.

You don't happen to know if it's the same for Felix Da Housecat?

Jello wrote:
    You don't happen to know if it's the same for Felix Da Housecat?

I'm not sure, the guy who's promoting this, mick birmingham, goes to trinity and is the ents officer elect for next year, he is also ents officer for the comedy club, if he's organising any other night with cheap tickets being sold in trinity I'll let you know. He also set up and runs musik in the Button Factory on Thursdays, he's really into his electro, brought in japanese popstars a while back IIRC, again cheap tickets in trinity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

I have a few CD's and the majority are great, Werchter and Extrema outdoor are particularly good mixes.

Where/when is this on?

It's on Friday 20th March in The Academy, doors 11pm.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭djfattony2000

Last time I went to see him he was also promoted by Trinity. It was sold out, full of nobs doing take the piss dancing and spilling pints over everyone. I left early, I never leave gigs early.

Pitty, as his mixes are quite good...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

They tend to vary quite a lot. The New Preskriptions mix is very electronica whilst the newer Pukkelpop 2008 mix is much more electro-house, poppy sort of feel to it. Both are good.

I'm guessing a lot of regs here aren't a fan of successful DJs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

Ah jaysus lads you have me upset now:eek:

I hope it's not gonna be full of trinners cocks, they're probably worse than scobies!!

Not all of them, just the wankers who do stupid dancing cos they're locked and think it's hilarious..

Fook it, either way I'll be there for a good dj bangin out a good set and I'll be enjoyin myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭RaverRo808

Why is it that these type of gigs mainly attract loads of snobby slightly strange middle class spoiled rich kid types and never any 'scobes' as you put it?,these nights never have the buzz or energy the likes of an oldskool night has,maybe you need afew 'scobes' to get the place kickin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭djfattony2000

mloc wrote: »
    I'm guessing a lot of regs here aren't a fan of successful DJs?

Dont get me wrong, I love my Dave Clarkes, Villalobos etc and Im probably as poncy as the next fella, but theres deffo a different vibe at those nights promoted by trinity.

Nothing against Trinty, my gf went there, just there "Club nights" arent very good

Nothing against Trinty, my gf went there, just there "Club nights" arent very good[/quote]

They're absolutely ****! My gf does go there, I've been to the ball the last 3 years - in fairness tho, they get the ocassional good act - boys noize, booka shade etc....just the crowd are tossers - someone put electrohouse well recently when they said "its dance music for people who dont like dance music" - too true

You get those types at all colleges though, it's just not Trinity. And I am a BIG electro and electro house fan, but my first transition was with a Trancendental Euphoria CD way back in 1999/2000... I like all dance music, love my old skool house and acid, love my electro, love my minimal. And you can't really bring the ball into it, that catered at everyone so you kinda need a neutral act.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Last time I went to see him he was also promoted by Trinity. It was sold out, full of nobs doing take the piss dancing and spilling pints over everyone. I left early, I never leave gigs early.

Pitty, as his mixes are quite good...

I was at John Digweed and 2 of those student types were acting the bollocks one giving the other a jockeyback bumping into people in the middle of a packed dance floor. :rolleyes: If the majority of the crowd were boozed out of it instead of on other things that could of got messy. There is a time and a place for that **** and its not on a dance floor, it's a buzz kill. Ill be going to lektroluv and will enjoy it in spite of them

Advertisement