Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What soldering station/iron should I buy?

Options
  • 03-03-2009 10:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I was considering buying a CSI station 1A as they get good reviews on the internet.

It seems you can only buy from a small number of places... all these places are over 16 euro for delivery and that's only from the UK. http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=320322127298&Category=106001

It's making me wonder if I did decide to spend the 16 euro on postage (which is a rip off) what would happen when I need consumables like new heads etc. Would I have to pay over the odds each time to get them shipped to me....so I'm just wondering are consumables universal. I don't know much about soldering.

Perhaps someone can recommend something else to me.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

Anyone? Perhaps someone knows a better place I could ask this question.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Hi,

It might be better to ask over in the electrical or engineering forums....

That doesn't look too bad... what sort of work will you be doing with it??

Make sure you get a few different tips of different sizes, as there's no one size that does all jobs....

Advertisement