Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5th year study?

Options
  • 03-03-2009 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

I'm currently in 5th year(ie did transition last year) and was wondering how much homework/study a day other 5th years are doing? And also how much would you advise someone with high aspirations of becoming a doctor/ vet to be doing? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

I'm also in 5th year at the moment and personally I'd do about 1h 30m to 2hrs a night. Quite often I'd do pretty much nothing, this happens about once a week. I find I do more homework for the teachers I get on good with as opposed to how much I need to do for each subject. I know I need to do alot more and every few weeks I make a new committment to put in more work (after easter I'm gonna work my ass off, and I mean it this time:p), but I never get around to it... What about everyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

When I was in 5th year and wanted to do medicine I just did my homework, studied for class tests and then studied for my Christmas and Summer exams, didn't really do much on top of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Piste wrote: »
    When I was in 5th year and wanted to do medicine I just did my homework, studied for class tests and then studied for my Christmas and Summer exams, didn't really do much on top of that.

+1 You'll have enough on your plate come 6th year so don't over work yourself in 5th year.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I did a fair amount of work in 5th year... Couldn't tell you hours or anything, but I did all my homework and extra study on top of that - stuff like doing the rest of the maths course myself, etc. My reasoning was that the more you do in 5th year, the less stressful 6th year will be. It worked pretty well, tbh. Obviously there's no point burning yourself out in 5th year, but I really don't like leaving work to the last minute, so I didn't want to have to cram.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭-Els-

ehh depends.... On average I'm probably doing about 2 hours a night (including homework). Although then I have the odd night where I just do the bare minimum (last night!!) .I'm just trying to keep really on top of what we're doing right now and do really well in class tests- so whenever I do revise its easier. I try to do a bit of extra revision at the weekend but more often that not that doesn't happen....

I know people who are going for Medicine who study extra stuff, but I dont think its anything major, just reading over old handouts, doing a few questions...

• Advertisement
Advertisement