Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Band

Options
  • 03-03-2009 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

hi,

just wondering has anyone heard of Westmeath wedding band called 'Big Deal'? They have been recommended to me for wedding next year.Anyone know what they are like?

cheers

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

They are a pub band and band is a very loose term.

There are two lads who always play, Dermie and Nigal after that there are a few lads who play with them at different times.

They use backing tracks, that said Dermie is a great player and nigal can sing pretty well.

There are much better wedding bands you could get for the same price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

What kind of music are you looking for? I know a couple that I could refer you to, depending on what kind of covers, or genre...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

TheKid wrote: »
    hi,

just wondering has anyone heard of Westmeath wedding band called 'Big Deal'? They have been recommended to me for wedding next year.Anyone know what they are like?

cheers

Cant comment myself as I've never heard them play but a few people I know attended a wedding they worked at and the only comment made was that they should have changed their name to "Raw Deal"!

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭MariMel

Hey....
    getting married in Mullingar later this year. Had the band Split Decision recommended to me by a few people. I am not from the area and have no idea what they are like.
    But for me...after the food.....the band it the most important part of the night......my brother got married in dundalk last year and people are still talking about the band he got which arent available on my date.
    Thats what i want......people saying what a good night they had dancing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,556 ✭✭✭roosterman71

What kind of music are you looking for? Old time dancing plus bit of 60s rock, etc? Modern pop stuff?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭bulbs2010

split decision are a top class band from mullingar i had them for my wedding they were brilliant this is the number i have 0857081868

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭athlonelad

Seaneh wrote: »
    They are a pub band and band is a very loose term.

There are two lads who always play, Dermie and Nigal after that there are a few lads who play with them at different times.

They use backing tracks, that said Dermie is a great player and nigal can sing pretty well.

There are much better wedding bands you could get for the same price.
    They are pretty much the resident band in The Snug. They are there the whole time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

I'd get clint n tad if it were my wedding there awesome ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

I'd get clint n tad if it were my wedding there awesome ;)

Tad & Klint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

Tad & Klint.

Yes :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Skipmeister

Hi. If you are looking for a good band that are good on price try, StreetsAhead, they have a website, they are great for getting the crowd dancing, great range of songs for all the crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 mdix

THERE ARE PLENTY OF EXCELLENT WEDDING BANDS, LIKE C.S.I, SOMETHING ELSE, KNIGHTSHIFT, SUPERSTITION, COPPERHEAD, THE FIRM, THESE BANDS ALL HAVE WEBSITES AND I WOIULD IMAGINE THAT THERE ALL IN THE €1600-€1900 PRICE RANGE THAT WOULD BE WITH A DJ AFTER THE BAND.

THERE ARE PLENTY OF EXCELLENT WEDDING BANDS, LIKE C.S.I, SOMETHING ELSE, KNIGHTSHIFT, SUPERSTITION, COPPERHEAD, THE FIRM, THESE BANDS ALL HAVE WEBSITES AND I WOIULD IMAGINE THAT THERE ALL IN THE €1600-€1900 PRICE RANGE THAT WOULD BE WITH A DJ AFTER THE BAND.

capslock1-vi.jpg

HA HA ROOSTER MAN! YOU REALLY NEED TO GET A LIFE.

mdix wrote: »
    HA HA ROOSTER MAN! YOU REALLY NEED TO GET A LIFE.

And you a new keyboard

That any better??

Advertisement