Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

T Amp

• 03-03-2009 11:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭

My old man's allways had seperate's,

he just baught him self a T amp... ok put along the hole volume thing for sheer Quality of sound its truley amazing. Im going to get one my self and there not exspensive eather truly enjoyable to listen to Amazing broad freqencey band and really good quality its set to a set of warfdale.....

we stuck sade's live dvd and its :eek: really good....

Its a little tin-e out of the box but its turly a good peace of kit i rate it highly... :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

I have one of those gathering dust in a drawer somewhere. It was tinny, harsh bright and delivered synthetic bass. It's a fine example of what can go wrong when using digital products in Hifi. I don't know where you get the idea that it has a wide frequency response. No mid-range, spitty treble and unconvincing bass is why mine is gathering dust in a drawer. They were big news about four years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Slaphead07 wrote: »
    I have one of those gathering dust in a drawer somewhere. It was tinny, harsh bright and delivered synthetic bass. It's a fine example of what can go wrong when using digital products in Hifi. I don't know where you get the idea that it has a wide frequency response. No mid-range, spitty treble and unconvincing bass is why mine is gathering dust in a drawer. They were big news about four years ago.

really ?

Im sorry but Maybe you baught a broken one or maybe you got your wires mixed up ? because the majority of the reports ive read all say good thing's all depends on which amp you have but i can't personally fault them at all... Most people rate them highly i agree slightly high endy but its not that bad watched a concert earler with about 20 diffferent mussicans and well i could hear them all concisely... or maybe its your ears ....

really ?

Im sorry but Maybe you baught a broken one or maybe you got your wires mixed up ?

or maybe its your ears ....
    Maybe the 10 or so other hifi heads I know bought broken ones too? One used his for a while but replaced the power lead with DC to try and improve it. It did improve it but not enough. They're a failed gimmick.

If anything my eyes are straining.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Now that you've established that the two of you have different opinions of a T amp, I'd rather not see this descending into a slagging match as to who has the better ears or more mates who agree with them, wouldn't like to be handing out bans.

Ritz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Slaphead wrote:
    It's a fine example of what can go wrong when using digital products in Hifi.

I use class D amps (which contrary to the name are not actually digital) and find the sound pretty good. Granted the only TAmp that I find when I google are 15w when using dc power (as opposed to battery), I am guessing it is a slightly different design to the Rotels I have.

Class D design is used throughout small amplification devices to great effect (eg ipods) and also in low frequency devices (eg sub woofers) and migrating the circuit theory to proper high end full range hifi has been fraught with poor implementations.

The ICE Power modules from B&O and others have brought the technology forward, and now there are many high end manufacturers producing Class D amplification.

Benefits include extremely low power consumption (and hence efficiency -85% as opposed to AB efficiency of at best 49% and A of best 20%), cool running (my processor gets warmer than both the amps (2x100w, 5x100w)), very low THD, and no clipping at high volumes.

• Advertisement

do people get threatened with bans for stating facts now? Can anybody come on here and tell the world what great speaker cabinets Kellogg's Corn Flake boxes make without anybody challenging such a statement?
    If your priority is to be polite no matter how dumb the post then you might as well shut down the forums. People (would) come here to learn about HiFi but why?

And don't give that nonsense about respecting opinions of others... the T Amp is a toy, certainly better than BOSE, but even the manufacturers don't pitch it as a serious amplifier.

Slaphead07 wrote: »
    Maybe the 10 or so other hifi heads I know bought broken ones too? One used his for a while but replaced the power lead with DC to try and improve it. It did improve it but not enough. They're a failed gimmick.

If anything my eyes are straining.

Ok thats fine your more then welcome to brand it any way you feel the desire....
    your choice, but your the only one whos chosen to slate it!

How ever there's the fact that these things need to bed in...

So im not going to really worry about it I played A bruce sprinstein concert, on it where he had an american folk band/ country / blue's al,most all in one so there was a wide range of
    instrament's which =s an even bigger frequencey range and could distingwish all the instrament's cleerly and concisly...

Or just maybe you have an amazeing sound system that you've spent a near fortune on but your house is one of these modern esc milamistic desighns which doesnt really bode well with late and great amps simply because your getting that much slap of 6 different service's the frequenceys have no where to go and could infact be the perpose your T amp Was'nt as sucesfull
    as it has been here. Being you are Highly knowlageable id say you no all the spec's you could know about your gear but if you no nothing about sound well then all theat gear is intirely worth less....

oh and please if your going to be abrasive with comment's towards my spelling take into a count that im actuly dislexic...

The Ritz i chose to cleen this up for you .....

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

do people get threatened with bans for stating facts now? Can anybody come on here and tell the world what great speaker cabinets Kellogg's Corn Flake boxes make without anybody challenging such a statement?
    If your priority is to be polite no matter how dumb the post then you might as well shut down the forums. People (would) come here to learn about HiFi but why?

And don't give that nonsense about respecting opinions of others... the T Amp is a toy, certainly better than BOSE, but even the manufacturers don't pitch it as a serious amplifier.

@slapheap07

A ban was mentioned to reinforce the point of not letting differing opinions descend into a slagging match. You regard your opinion as "fact" - that's very different to challenging someone's statement or expressing a different view. Yes, one of the priorities is to be polite, and I don't regard respecting the opinions of others as nonsense.

Moreover, it's my role to moderate the forums here - moderate being the operative word. If you have a question about it feel free to PM me or take it to Feedback. This thread is not the place to do it.

Infraction. Continue in the same way and a lengthy ban will result.

Ritz.

@Snow-Monkey,

Read the warning about a slagging match again.

Ritz.

The Ritz wrote: »
    @Snow-Monkey,

Read the warning about a slagging match again.

Ritz.

fare enough il edit it:)

• Advertisement

Ritz,
    You could learn a thing or two over on the Coffee & Tea forums. People looking for advice on instant are not told how valuable their opinion is and given a patronising pat on the head. They're told how easy and relatively cheap it is to drink real fresh coffee. BOSE and T amps are the equivalent of instant coffee and you, as a mod of a vaguely hifi related forum, have an obligation to inform posters (or allow others to) that they're wasting their money.
    Of course people are entitled to prefer instant coffee but if they make absurd claims about depth of flavors and subtle notes then somebody should correct them. Otherwise you might as well remove the 'hifi' references and leave it to "power city" customers to discuss how fantastic their their rattling plastic domestic appliances are.

Ritz,
    You could learn a thing or two over on the Coffee & Tea forums. People looking for advice on instant are not told how valuable their opinion is and given a patronising pat on the head. They're told how easy and relatively cheap it is to drink real fresh coffee. BOSE and T amps are the equivalent of instant coffee and you, as a mod of a vaguely hifi related forum, have an obligation to inform posters (or allow others to) that they're wasting their money.
    Of course people are entitled to prefer instant coffee but if they make absurd claims about depth of flavors and subtle notes then somebody should correct them. Otherwise you might as well remove the 'hifi' references and leave it to "power city" customers to discuss how fantastic their their rattling plastic domestic appliances are.

I already asked you to take any comments you have on the issue of moderation to PM or Feedback, please see my last post addresed to you. If your opinion of these forums is so low, I have no idea why you feel compelled to continualy disrupt threads. Banned for a month. If you want to post here again you can request the lifting of the ban but if you want to continue in the same way then I suggest that you don't bother.

Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭kesey

Slaphead, there are plenty of people who were more than delighted with the T-amp. A number of those frequented the old Cloney-audio forums. The reviewer on 6 moons also liked the T-amp.

You are definitely more than at liberty to disagree with the entire world, or a sub-set thereof. If you are in the middle of a bad hair day however, it might be worth having a jelly and ice-cream before taking out the slash-hooks and swiping at all about you.

Advertisement