Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC G1 Apn settings.

Options
  • 04-03-2009 12:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭

Bought a htc G1 recently but have been having trouble adding the correct APN settings to get it working. Because of this I obviously cant get past the set up your gmail account part. I have looked at a couple of threads on similar topics, but cant seem to wrap my head around the information being thrown around.
    Would anyone be able to lay out what info I need to put in as I am seriously confused by all of this.
    The sim card I'm using is a vodafone payg sim from a nokia 5200. Would there be any possibility that the sim from my old phone just isnt the right type to work in the g1?
    Would I be better off switching to 02 or meteor to make things easier for myself?

Any help is very much appreciated,
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

What settings have you put into the phone so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 clemyeats

Hi,

You need a dataplan on the SIM you're using. As for the APN settings they're here:

http://www.argolon.com/2009/01/18/using-android-phone-in-ireland/

PS: If you don't have any credit or data plan on your SIM, you can use someone else's just to activate your phone with the google account.

Clem

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭CivilEx

clemyeats wrote: »

Just be careful with the hs.vodafone.ie APN if you are going using the 1GB ISP Addon. Vodafone recommend the use of isp.vodafone.ie with that particular addon or reserve the right to charge you extra for the "hs" APN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Thanks for the replies!

In the end I switched to o2 and got set up on pay monthly with a 1gb data plan. I can cancel the pay monthly stuff after a month and return to payg, but tbh Im really enjoying have the ability to browse properly with a data plan.
    The g1 really is a killer piece of technology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 roe.miranda

Hi.. I would like to know if HTC G1 T-mobile will work in asia? Specifically in the Philippines? I have my phone unlocked but i can't sign in to google.. It seems i need to sign in first before i can fully used my HTC.. Is this due to APN setting? Pls help.. Will truly appreciate any help..

Thanks..:confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement