Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transfer from 1 external hard drive to another

• 04-03-2009 12:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭

What is good software for transferring from on external hard drive to another. I have tried just dragging and dropping but this wont work as it stops

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Lilith785

Run it like a full disk backup. there is free backup software if you don't already have one.

random.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

Lilith785 wrote: »
    Run it like a full disk backup. there is free backup software if you don't already have one.

random.gif

Any you would reccomend that you have used? i have lost some stuff alreadyy by using an unreliable program for copying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

I'd be more interested in figuring out why it's stopping, if both are plugged into the same pc then both should just show up as drives. Any error msg?

And when you'r copying, do actually copy, dont move. Not sure how you could loose data while copying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭TechieEddy

I use Unstoppable Copier. Very good for copying files.

Advertisement