Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deferring

Options
  • 04-03-2009 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi, I am in third year in DIT. I was wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to defer the year to start it again in September? Or is it too late? It hasn't gone well and I would prefer to skip the stress of failing and just try again in spetember.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

You can defer at any stage of the year (you need to get approval from the head of school i think) but it may affect your fees. At this stage of the year, your fees still count for the year. This means that you might have to pay full fees for the course next year. This is assessed on a case by case basis though so you'd have to talk to the college.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭NerfNerder

Do you know if I would still have to pay full fees if I only deferred a couple of subjects and carried foward the ones I have passed? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

NerfNerder wrote: »
    Do you know if I would still have to pay full fees if I only deferred a couple of subjects and carried foward the ones I have passed? Thanks.

Thats not a standard deferral and isn't necesarily going to be allowed. You would have to talk to your course co-ordinator about your options.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭NerfNerder

BC wrote: »
    Thats not a standard deferral and isn't necesarily going to be allowed. You would have to talk to your course co-ordinator about your options.

Thanks for the response, got some info on it today.

Advertisement