Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pirate Party

Options
  • 04-03-2009 12:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭

I was just having a look at the Pirate Bay trial in Sweden and I realized, they have a Pirate Party!

Considering our own problems with Eircom and the IRMA is there scope for a branch of the party here?? They're already established in many other European countries.

I believe many teens my age have grown accustomed to file sharing and taking this away could put it top of the list for some people eligible to vote in the next election. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭dave-higgz

Anyone????

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

You want to start a party tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Dannyboy83

Interesting, is there no similar organisation here?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

I think you meant to say "Pirate Paaaaarrrty"

I'll get my coat...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ionix5891

yaaarrr :D

well imho if this gets young people involved in politics and helps prevent more of our liberties being trampled on by evil eircom then all well and good
    such a party at least would have one clear aim, thats one more than existing Failure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

ionix5891 wrote: »
    well imho if this gets young people involved in politics and helps prevent more of our liberties being trampled on by evil eircom then all well and good
    You might list some of our "liberties" that have been "trampled on" by Eircom in the past?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Kama

There's a few people on this already, check Pirate Party International Republic of Ireland.

EmeraldDragon is the lead there, far as I can tell, but it doesn't look active. Worth trying to get in touch with all the same.

I'm totally down btw, IP is a joke and I like to say YARRR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ionix5891

djpbarry wrote: »
    You might list some of our "liberties" that have been "trampled on" by Eircom in the past?

the 3 strikes thing stinks and since whole thing bypasses court, your guilty until proven innocent

Advertisement