Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WEC 39 - SPOILERS

Options
  • 04-03-2009 12:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭

just got around to watching this, poor show compared to recent events, and poor compared with the fights at xmma also last weekend in Canada.
    And no frank mir on commentary :( jens did ok though :)

Brown defends impressively http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMc_OtXbEV0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭t-ha

Brown is the real deal. Looks a little stiff with his stand-up but obviously has the speed/accuracy to make it work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

I think its more a case of strength and KO power. Not sure of what to make of how long Garcia lasted. The fight was over with the first hit, but it took him a while to finish. Is this a reflection on Garcia or Brown?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭t-ha

Dunno - in that fight and in his fight with Faber (admittedly the only 2 of his I've seen) he was quick to take advantage of the opening when it happened and landed the shot well, in particular the Faber fight. Also seems confident enough in his speed to stalk without much head movement or lateral movement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Yeah, his hands look speedy alright, and when he lands he's putting force on your face.

I think a lesser fighter than Garcia would have been done and not held on so long. I think a lesser figher than Brown would have let it get out of the first.

He didn't freak out, just stayed applying pressure to a weakened opponent until he got what he wanted.

Good show from him i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

Does he cut a lot of weight? Reckon he would look huge even at lightweight (155).:eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement