Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terry Prone - Government Ministers Drink Problem

Options
  • 04-03-2009 2:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭

A few weeks ago Terry Prone wrote a piece for the Irish Examiner claiming that senior government ministers were drinking themselves into oblivion in the Dail bar almost every day of the week. Speculation led most people to believe it was Biffo and Coughlan who were the culprits. Maybe it's just me but does anyone else worry that maybe they really don't have a clue what's going on in general...never mind economy wise. Anyone for calling a general election and sticking the government in John of Gods?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

K, lead the way so.

Btw, it's not them you should be worried about, direct your anger at the faceless civil servants behind them.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

They are probably on Coke too.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

Rb wrote: »
    K, lead the way so.

Btw, it's not them you should be worried about, direct your anger at the faceless civil servants behind them.

God I hate faceless civil servants. Maybe we can find some students to occupy their offices. Two or three will do the trick.

K-9 wrote: »
    They are probably on Coke too.
    Could you blame them?

flyton5 wrote: »
    God I hate faceless civil servants. Maybe we can find some students to occupy their offices. Two or three will do the trick.
    K, less talk, more action imo.

A subscription based newsletter would be a good starting point.

• Advertisement

Rb wrote: »
    K, less talk, more action imo.

A subscription based newsletter would be a good starting point.

Where would the proceeds go?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

I'd trust an alcoholic minister more than the other bunch. I worked in a bar for 6 years and i've heard more sense from drunks than I have from the 'sober' crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

A few weeks ago Terry Prone wrote a piece for the Irish Examiner claiming that senior government ministers were drinking themselves into oblivion in the Dail bar almost every day of the week. Speculation led most people to believe it was Biffo and Coughlan who were the culprits. Maybe it's just me but does anyone else worry that maybe they really don't have a clue what's going on in general...never mind economy wise. Anyone for calling a general election and sticking the government in John of Gods?

The world's economy has just melted.

Brian Cowen's by all accounts a smart enough bloke. He was going to be leading a small nation with a great economy, with very little that could potentially go wrong. Suddenly he's seen his economy (because he was the finance minister) go south, for reasons completley beyond his control, and yet he's the one being blamed. Would it surprise ya if someone turned to drink in such situations?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Melange

I think the fact that they're drinking themselves into oblivion indicates that they do know what's happening in the economy.

Melange wrote: »
    I think the fact that they're drinking themselves into oblivion indicates that they do know what's happening in the economy.

I'll sleep soundly tonight. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

The world's economy has just melted.

Brian Cowen's by all accounts a smart enough bloke. He was going to be leading a small nation with a great economy, with very little that could potentially go wrong. Suddenly he's seen his economy (because he was the finance minister) go south, for reasons completley beyond his control, and yet he's the one being blamed. Would it surprise ya if someone turned to drink in such situations?

I want whatever you are smoking...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I'll sleep soundly tonight. :confused:

So will Brian.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭milod

An old saying goes "people who like sausages and respect the laws of their country should never watch either being made"

Best just ignore the Dáil, bar included, and hope for the best imho...

Alternatively, let's encourage the non-voting majority (a decent proportion of whom of whom are ages 18 to 28) to get off their arses next election time to make some changes...

Register to vote people! and actually turn up at the booth on election day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

They drink nothing but cold water and tea, they'd still be gob****es.

Mind you, the Dail bar is probably the last place with any atmo, by the sounds of it.....probably dog rough though

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭getcover

Isn't it the Minister for Health who is supposed to be hitting the bottle fairly heavily?

getcover wrote: »
    Isn't it the Minister for Health who is supposed to be hitting the bottle fairly heavily?

Only for the purposes of sexual gratification.

Nodin wrote: »
    Only for the purposes of sexual gratification.
    Thats conjured up a fairly revolting image...:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Singer73

I don't understand why Terry Prone is given so much airtime. She is a wind bag. And now we have her 2 sons forced on us? No wonder the country isi n a hole...

getcover wrote: »
    Thats conjured up a fairly revolting image...:eek:

Thanks. I try, but without feedback such as yours its hard to know if I've succeded.

Singer73 wrote: »
    I don't understand why Terry Prone is given so much airtime. She is a wind bag. And now we have her 2 sons forced on us? No wonder the country isi n a hole...

Stop the lights there Bunny....
    http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/how-the-leading-pr-firm-came-asunder-1307934.html?start=1

• Advertisement

Singer73 wrote: »
    Agree with the windbag comment, she suits the idiot who presents Drivetime down to the ground.
    Who are Prone's sons?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I've heard that Terry is Prone to mild bouts of hysteria and depression after having to delete 26 Yore Ma posts before breakfast. :(

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Anybody know if they have a condom machine in the toilets of the Dail bar?

wyndham wrote: »

Nope, just a pic of Devalera and a vending machine for Tayto cheese and onion.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Explains why they can't get brian lenihan on the radio anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Nodin wrote: »
    Thanks. I try, but without feedback such as yours its hard to know if I've succeded.
    If you come up with images like that often I seriously doubt its ever hard.............either that or youre a sick sick puppy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

wyndham wrote: »
    What's the difference between a condom and the Dáil bar?

You can only get one prick into a condom.

sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

OldGoat wrote: »
    I've heard that Terry is Prone to mild bouts of hysteria and depression after having to delete 26 Yore Ma posts before breakfast. :(
    It's true.

I honestly thought this thread was about government ministers being prone to actions similar to mine. Vanity rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Terry wrote: »
    It's true.

I honestly thought this thread was about government ministers being prone to actions similar to mine. Vanity rules.
    It will be if they end up naked at the spire too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

It will be if they end up naked at the spire too
    Mary, nekked by the Spire. rraghhhhhhhhh My eyes, my eyes!!

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Advertisement