Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terry Prone - Government Ministers Drink Problem

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Mary nekkid on the spire...power to the people

actually could the spire take her weight? We could impale the whole cabinet on it and still have space for the junior ministers..like some massive shishkebab of incompetence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

OldGoat wrote: »
    Mary, nekked by the Spire......

.....a vengeful Sheila na-gig figure, legs splayed, sprawled before the terrible phallic symbol of our pre-recession hubris....

Maybe if we annoy her enough she'll climb to the top of the spire like some latter day king kong, clutching her beloved brendan drumm to her ample bosom and roaring at the media. Until a door from one of the circling air corps helicopters falls off and hits her square in the face, sending her plummeting to her doom. The subsequent impact destroying most of dublins crappily built infrastructure, sending the economy to the wall but providing fianna fail's buddies in the building industry with a bonanza.

I hear that Harney one has a McDonalds problem. Fat cúnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Bambi wrote: »
    Maybe if we annoy her enough she'll climb to the top of the spire like some latter day king kong, clutching her beloved brendan drumm to her ample bosom and roaring at the media. Until a door from one of the circling air corps helicopters falls off and hits her square in the face, sending her plummeting to her doom. The subsequent impact destroying most of dublins crappily built infrastructure, sending the economy to the wall but providing fianna fail's buddies in the building industry with a bonanza.
    Christ. My very very bad MS paint calculations have now proven that 9/11 would have nothin on us in this situation:eek:10034.jpg

• Advertisement

Rb wrote: »
    K, lead the way so.

Btw, it's not them you should be worried about, direct your anger at the faceless civil servants behind them.
    Yeah, BIFFO is aparently mad for the sauce.Fcuking idiot.The Dail bar should be scrapped,I don't see any other government property having a subsidised bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I've heard Biffo is a hardcore lush. He's even disappeared for days on end when times got really bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I don't see any other government property having a subsidised bar.

/Quietly and sneekely closing the door of my drinks cabina filing cabinet.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Brian Lenihan's looking very washed out these days isn't he

Anybody who's seen Cowen drink Guinness would pause. Wasn't he hospitalised for "high blood pressure" before? Can't find a link though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

i dont blame them, id be drinking myself into oblivion if i had made shiite of the country too... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

jdivision wrote: »
    Brian Lenihan's looking very washed out these days isn't he

Anybody who's seen Cowen drink Guinness would pause. Wasn't he hospitalised for "high blood pressure" before? Can't find a link though

The man has high blood pressure, is dosed on anti-d's and has a doctor within 10 feet of him at all times, erm, so the rumour goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

flyton5 wrote: »
    A few weeks ago Terry Prone wrote a piece for the Irish Examiner claiming that senior government ministers were drinking themselves into oblivion in the Dail bar almost every day of the week. Speculation led most people to believe it was Biffo and Coughlan who were the culprits. Maybe it's just me but does anyone else worry that maybe they really don't have a clue what's going on in general...never mind economy wise. Anyone for calling a general election and sticking the government in John of Gods?
    OP - Where is the article?

No sign of it here :confused:

http://www.examiner.ie/irishexaminer/pages/sectiondynamic.aspx-qqqg=opinion-qqqm=opinion-qqqa=general-qqqc=6.11.0.0-qqqn=4-qqqtt=tprone-qqqx=1.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

check out this thread discussing it where people out do each other to be in the know, yet prefer to protect the pols rather then the people http://www.politics.ie/media/39405-terry-prone-has-cheapshot-politicians-2.html

people claim theyre prevented for naming people because of libel buts its actually because they support those in power, and choose drunk politicians from their party over removing wet alcoholics.

scandal!! portergate!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

check out this thread discussing it where people out do each other to be in the know, yet prefer to protect the pols rather then the people http://www.politics.ie/media/39405-terry-prone-has-cheapshot-politicians-2.html

people claim theyre prevented for naming people because of libel buts its actually because they support those in power, and choose drunk politicians from their party over removing wet alcoholics.
    It is libel.
    I can say that George W Bush is a war monger without much happening to me or this site, but if I was to name one of those involved in this latest stunt, then the site could be sued under Irish law.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

So, a massive tax increase on the Dail bar should go a long way in sorting the nations finances.:D

Terry wrote: »
    It is libel.
    I can say that George W Bush is a war monger without much happening to me or this site, but if I was to name one of those involved in this latest stunt, then the site could be sued under Irish law.

well i don't mean on this site in particular.

what terry prone did with her article was close to what i'd like, , then a write play or something, do a bit more of the gift grubs, drinks cabinet stuff, that what satire was for.

but i think terry prone holds back not for libel worries but because she supports establishment figures, as does most political and journalistic hacks.

for fear of repeating myself allowing somebody to run the country drunk is worse then libel.

Advertisement