Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

analog phone to mobile converter ?

Options
  • 04-03-2009 3:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭

im wondering does anyone know if there is such a device that will let me plug in an old analog phone and let me ring as normal but instead of having a land line connectd to the phone id have a device with a sim card for one of the mobile networks that it would convert the tones to and ring through. basically have an alarm with a phone dialer but no landline.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

gsm dialer. Google is thy friend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 linuxguy

Hi

A basic GSM gatway with FXS/RJ11 port will do this for you.

Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭FusionNet

The one I use when I install GSM Dateways is the one below:

The Teltonika VoiceUSB is a multifunctional single line
    analogue Fixed Cellular Terminal for voice and data
    communications.
    It operates over dual band GSM 900/1800 Mhz, and it
    will also support additional bearers including HSCSD,
    GPRS and EDGE.

Its a gateway and modem. Gateways are one Item that has not really come down in price. Expect to pay between 200-300 for one.

If you want a PDF spec email me.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

would it not be easier and result in a simpler topology to replace the PSTN digi-dialler with a GSM digi-dialler? Might also have power benefits - I think that most GSM > PSTN gateways require mains power but the GSM digi-dialler will use the alarms power supply, whcih is battery backed

Advertisement