Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddys day government Junket figures still kept secret.

Options
  • 04-03-2009 4:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

According to the Irish Times today the Ministers' travel plans for Patrick's Day are still kept secret. With LESS than two weeks to Paddy's Day, the Government is continuing to withhold the list of Ministers traveling out of Ireland and their modes of transport to attend international celebrations.

It is understood that there will be no reduction in the numbers leaving, although the size of entourage with each Minister will be reduced. The Minister of Health and Children Mary Harney bound for India and God knows how many will be going to New York.

This is shocking at a time when there is talk of tax increases, sewing our OAP's and an average of 300 private sector workers being added to the live register on a daily basis.

Taxpayers have a right to know of these figures immediatly,

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2009/0304/1224242234083.html

I Doubt if any of them will be flying with O' Leary. :D
    251_0008224_900px.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

typical. when are these wan*kers going to be pulled out of their offices and hung from the lamp posts. They're running the country into the ground:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

The amazing thing about this is the fact that they are completely unrepentent in anything that they do.

They know damn well that the entire country is waiting for them to announce these trips and they are holding out to the last second to do so.

They are laughing in the face of everyone on the country as they continue with their status quo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭TGPS

Maybe they are hoping we won't notice they've gone!!

I'm sure the figures will leak out eventually.

http://thisgruntledpublicservant.blogspot.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

I think all the ministers should be put on a one way trip to a few finglas estates for Patricks day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Dannyboy83

So very annoying, but face it, nobody is going to do anything about it.
    Pity we can't raise it in Brussels.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Dannyboy83 wrote: »
    So very annoying, but face it, nobody is going to do anything about it.
    Pity we can't raise it in Brussels.
    Why bother, they would only join them in their partying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

quite a few of them or their spouses belong to the legal profession, has anyone come across a more snobbish profession, their in lies the answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

the thing the politicians keep saying in defense of this is

1 it creates businesss opportunities and
    2 people over there are delighted to see a councillor or minister and really means alot to them to see them

so are either of these true? particularily no2 has anyone been an emigrant in the US etc and seen a councillor or TD and had it warm their hearts, bring a tear to their eye, give them hope the immigration reform will be sorted out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Is Mr. Cowen travelling to the "States"to give Obama the bowl of hash shamrock?

Can this information not be found out ? I thought there was a law where we could request this kind of info ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

yes he is going to tug his forelock and say yes you continue to occupy iraq through our airports thankyou

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Is Mr. Cowen travelling to the "States"to give Obama the bowl of hash shamrock?

Can this information not be found out ? I thought there was a law where we could request this kind of info ?

From Biffo's Ard Fheis speech at the weekend.
    All the success we achieved in the past decades has not been ours alone. We have received help from friends around the world in our progress.

Our good relationship with a renewed United States continues, and I look forward to meeting President Obama in March to celebrate that relationship.

There be your answer.

Advertisement