Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foundations/building work in Dunnes carpark?

Options
  • 04-03-2009 8:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

is it mcdonalds?? my bf reckons there is waste for 4 toilets in it!!

Fingers crossed!

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

yeah, i'd say it's McDonalds

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭jgally

Great just what we need!! Another Mickey Ds

Seriously though how can anyone seriously eat that rubbish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LeahBaby

jgally wrote: »
    Great just what we need!! Another Mickey Ds

Seriously though how can anyone seriously eat that rubbish
    Nobody forces you!

Nobody could either! I'd rather starve :P

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Gareth28

jgally wrote: »
    Nobody could either! I'd rather starve :P

A few million people would prove you wrong, and you should watch your words, because there are people dying from starvation in poor countries, who would give an arm and a leg for a big mac meal! Rather starve me arse!

• Advertisement

Hardly the nutritional meal that they crave, a big mac!!

Obesity is a huge problem in this world that puts considerable strain on the worlds health services. Also how many people that don't live in third world countries are suffering from malnutrition becasue of the convenience of places like McDonalds?

Just think about this... Every day McDonald's serves more than 50 million customers around the world. Thats scary. Then add to that Burger King, KFC, Dominos, Supermacs etc... Thats an awful lot of unhealthy meals being consumed every day.

I suggest you read a book called fast food nation, it will shock you to say the least.

Look the last thing I was is a big argument but I reckon that there are far better things that could have arrived instead of a McDonalds. Wouldn't it of been better for some company to come and provide high skilled jobs to the people of Laois???

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Gareth28

Sure who's arguing.... we can just exchange opinions. Of course the big mac meal aint the best diet in the world but if you offer someone who's hungry a lettuce or a big mac, we both know which one they'd choose. A bit of badness is good for you. And of course it would be better to have highly skilled educated workers in Laois, and multinational companies opening up in Laois BUT you have to walk before you can crawl and Laois just doesn't seem to attract, maybe in time, but i wouldn't hold your breadth, especially in a recession, people just want a job, any job. Listen, i was just making the point of your extreme comment about that you'd rather starve than eat at Macdonald's, when poor people would rather eat, anything, lettuce, big mac, dog food i imagine if they could get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

McDonalds is opening up in Ennis and they recently received 500 applications for 50 jobs, and some of those were from architects, accountants and engineers. If you don't like the food you could always go to the drive-thru for some quick tax advice.

McDonalds is opening up in Ennis and they recently received 500 applications for 50 jobs, and some of those were from architects, accountants and engineers. If you don't like the food you could always go to the drive-thru for some quick tax advice.

Ha very good!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 winnipeg

Where is dunnes car park?

• Advertisement
Advertisement