Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bring back the bus stops at Wellpark

Options
  • 04-03-2009 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Has anyone else noticed that they've removed the bus stops outside the wellpark retail park, and the closest ones to it are now half way to Renmore? (its now outside the DPL place with the big tap on it.)

For the last year I've been reliant on both the bus stop outside the G Hotel/Eye cinema, and the one outside the Huntsman. Serviced by a number of routes, a bus would generally go by every 15 minutes, in contrast to the salthill route, which is very hard to predict, and seems to go every hour.

Now you might say, why can't you just walk?

And to that I say, it rains a lot in Galway. Snow this morning even.

So they've effectively gotten rid of the one public service that I availed of, and was truly glad of.

Is anyone else p*ssed off by this?

How can we get our bus stop back?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I haven't used that one in years so haven't noticed but that sucks. Do you think it could it be a temporary thing? Did you contact Bus Eireann?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Used both those stops as recently as last week... they don't have signs anymore but even the grouchiest b*stard of a driver let us off there and another (admittedly not so grouchy) driver picked us up later as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭mashling

Yeah, I was still using them until last week when I found that the bus just wasn't stopping anymore, and when one at last did, I got a lecture on front of the whole bus.

I don't think they're going to be nice for very much longer...

So it seems to be permanant, as they've built a shiny new bus stop.

Eck, its very frustrating. Its like they went out of their way to inconvenience the people of Galway. No consideration at all shown for the pedestrian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

I saw a shiny one on the opposite side of the road near they Eye... didnt know they got rid of the one at the eye? and the one near days isnt too far away surely?

But yes it is annoying, when i lived in doughuisce our bustop wasnt even indicated! i think there was a tiny sign nailed to a post, and we all had to stand on the edge of the road, perilously close to traffic with no shelter at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭mashling

When you add the time it takes to get to where I used to get the bus, and the time it takes to get to Days Hotel, its a good bit of a walk. And when you have to walk that far every day (even without the rain/snow) all that time adds up. Thats precious personal time that 2 weeks ago I didn't have to spend commuting.

Surely they should be trying to make it easier to get to the shopping centre, not making it harder?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

mashling wrote: »
    When you add the time it takes to get to where I used to get the bus, and the time it takes to get to Days Hotel, its a good bit of a walk. And when you have to walk that far every day (even without the rain/snow) all that time adds up. Thats precious personal time that 2 weeks ago I didn't have to spend commuting.

Surely they should be trying to make it easier to get to the shopping centre, not making it harder?

Are they going to start building proper bus-stops with shelters around the city?

I've gotten both buses to and from the stop outside the Eye. And its a similar situation with the one at the Huntsman.

Supposedly they may be removing that roundabout .. rumour has it anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭TheDollyParton

I'm seriously annoyed about those bus stops, they always seemed busy to me, I don't understand why they would get rid of them!

Advertisement