Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weights, Bench and Dumbells

Options
  • 04-03-2009 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi Fitness Boardies

Looking to get back into some weight training. Sold my gear about 6 years ago.

Where is the best place to get dumbells, a bench and some free weights with a bar. with about 140kg

I've a budget of about 250-300. Going to spend money on own weights rather than renew Gym membership.

Thanks

:pac:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

You would be lucky to get the 140kg of weight for under 300 alone. Steel prices have gone up the last few years. Most plates are at least €2 per kilo, unless you went for vinyl/cement stuff, which I would not recommend.

Cheapest place for quality stuff is www.irish-lifting.com

Check argos too but their prices skyrocketted just 2 weeks ago.

I would sooner get a cheap dip/chin station than a cheap bench. I never use the cheap bench in my house, just do various weighted dips instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

If your interested..

http://adverts.ie/98797

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭fugazied

I got back into weights a couple of months ago, bought some hand weights from Argos. Pretty cheap back then and fast delivery, not sure about prices now.

I've still got a few months before my biceps are back where they should be 3.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭chuck eastwood

http://www.ocallaghanleisure.com/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=31

i just got an olympic set from these guys in cork, free delivery. 249 quid same set in argos is alomost 60 quid more expensive with delivery

Advertisement