Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whirlpool AWM 1203 washing machine

Options
  • 04-03-2009 10:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi, I'm having washing machine problems. It's making a grinding sound mostly it seems during the spin cycle. But it does seem to be washing the clothes fine. If there is anyone that has any ideas as to why it would do this I would be glad to hear them.
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭steifanc

did u take the transport bolts out of the back of it ? u would be surprised the ammount of people that dont

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭Payton

If the machine is still under the 8yr warranty call Whirlpool out, call out is about €70 and the parts are free (yes a scam I know!). And hold on to the repair docket. Ive had a lot of trouble with Whirlpool so keep dockets just incase something else goes wrong.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bertie1

Sounds like the drum bearings starting to go , this happens if you constantly over load the machine

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

bertie1 wrote: »
    Sounds like the drum bearings starting to go , this happens if you constantly over load the machine
    Yeah, that's what I thought too, which I mentioned in a copy of this thread in Home Appliances forum.

I have been reliably informed that a lot of cheap machines nowadays (not implying this is the way with the AWM1203) have a sealed drum, so when bearings go, you've to replace entire drum... madness.

Advertisement