Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo Convention Question

Options
  • 04-03-2009 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Im thinking about going to the London tattoo convention in September but ive never been to one before and have a few questions im hoping someone here could help me with.

Are you meant to make an appointment with an artist before you go?
    Do artists usually just do small pieces at conventions or what?
    And finally would a world renowned artist like Zsolt Sarkozi charge loads per hour?

Any replies would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'd make an appointment with an artist, otherwise you could find yourself unable to get a tattoo from the artist you want. They tend to get booked out pretty fast!
    They would do small or reasonably big pieces, would really depend on the time they have.

Price wise I wouldn't have a notion, best to contact the artist and enquire!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Defo try to book today. The artists arent supposed to or at least are asked not to take bookings pre-show but they all do, they're there to cover costs and make money at the end of the day. Zsolt is class, then again there are so many world class artists at the London con, prob more to be added to the existing list too I'd imagine. You should probably be paying circa £100 per hour, thats what I paid last year, a great price considering the quality of artist available, nearly the same price as the average tattooist in Dublin (and cheaper than some), but thats a discussion for other threads. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11 primus105

Alright thanks for the quick responses guys. I sent Zsolt an email there to see if he has any free slots. £100 per hour sounds brilliant looking at the quality of artists alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

primus105 wrote: »
    Alright thanks for the quick responses guys. I sent Zsolt an email there to see if he has any free slots. £100 per hour sounds brilliant looking at the quality of artists alright.

Hope you get your slot, care to give an inclination as to what you want to get?
    Like I said, £100 is what I paid last year for a top artist so I dont see any reason for that to change. I hope thats its the same and seeing as how some Irish artists are charging €120 per hour (and some €150!) its nice to be able to get genuine world class talent for (approx) €111 per hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 primus105

Thanks man. I am hoping to get a swirling colour biomech piece done from wrist to elbow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Sounds awesome and best of luck.

Be sure to post the finished result! :D

Advertisement