Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sir Ted Kennedy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Pocono Joe

I think giving Teddy a honorary knighthood is a great idea (whether he can accept it or not). I don’t agree with his politics but I do admire the man in his willingness to work across the political isle to get things done, and for what his family has accomplished. What better symbol and gesture to represent the end of an era, and to one of the original members of the family who brought us a symbolic American Camelot.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Sir Ted Kennedy, Sir James Paul McCartney, both in the company with Sir George and the Dragon? At least Paul could sing a tune and George would let us kids get to sleep after slaying the dragon under our beds. Although Ted did some good in his time, where was sir knight when his secretary was drowning in Chappaquiddick? Defending her honour? Her life?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

where was sir knight when his secretary was drowning in Chappaquiddick? Defending her honour? Her life?

That was indeed a murky chapter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Pocono Joe

Blue, you sure can be tough at times. Keep it up and another 30 years and you’ll be just like me.:eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Pocono Joe wrote: »
    Blue, you sure can be tough at times. Keep it up and another 30 years and you’ll be just like me.:eek:
    Don't hold your breath, or you indeed will be blue! I'll never join a party. If I end up remaining in the States, not a Democrat, or Republican, or any of those hopeless excuses for third parties. I will attempt to remain Independent, without a party affiliation that may function to restrict my choices, picking positions I agree with from either, and attacking those in like manner that I don't agree with.

Back to the OP, I obviously would not endorse Ted's knighthood for the reason earlier given.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

To the OP, he can receive the Knighthood, but does not gain the honourific 'Sir.'

(Per Buck House)

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Wow .....what has Teddy ever done to receive any recognition ??

He is a walking example of why the USA needs term limits.

Advertisement