Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Stereo

Options
  • 04-03-2009 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

Is there anywhere in the city that remove/installs car radios?

Having some probs removing the radio which is being replaced

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

jackncoke wrote: »
    Hi

Is there anywhere in the city that remove/installs car radios?

Having some probs removing the radio which is being replaced

I could give you a few places to leave the car and the radio should be gone out of it fairly lively.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    I could give you a few places to leave the car and the radio should be gone out of it fairly lively.

Halarious

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Describe the problem - might be able to help for free :)

- The basic principle involved is that two springy metal retainers/clips on each side of the stereo hold it in place once its slid into the dash. Usually you need to slide something slim down the sides to depress these thus allowing you to slide the stereo out.

A few Google searches should turn up some how-to type pages for you.

Alas,she does not want to come out...its hard to describe,i wudnt mind paying someone a few squid to do it before i break something...

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Mac 3

Try Des Kennedy up near the Dog Track in Garryowen. He's an auto electrician and has swopped car radios for me in the past.

Hope this helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭mark1974

If you still have to buy the new stereo I would head out to the lads in Planet Auto or Halfords. They do free fitting with some units. If not, Des Kennedy is your best bet.

mark1974 wrote: »
    If you still have to buy the new stereo I would head out to the lads in Planet Auto or Halfords. They do free fitting with some units. If not, Des Kennedy is your best bet.

ive the radio bought,went to have a look in Planet Auto,same radio is twice the price in there.....:p:p

anyone got a number for des kennedy?i may aswell go to him seeing as ive a central locking problem aswell at the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭mark1974

ive the radio bought,went to have a look in Planet Auto,same radio is twice the price in there.....:p:p

anyone got a number for des kennedy?i may aswell go to him seeing as ive a central locking problem aswell at the mo.

061 418659;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

Yep planet auto is a joke. I don't see how that fella's gonna survive with the prices he charges. anyway if you're still stuck, halfords will remove it for you too. they removed my brothers after we forced some crappy cd player into a car about 5 years back. fairly good deals inside there too. a good kenwood one for about 60 quid if I recall.

Got sorted today by Des Kennedy,very impressed by his attitude,knowledge and quality of his work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Got sorted today by Des Kennedy,very impressed by his attitude,knowledge and quality of his work

Yep, Des is the man when it comes to car electronics and he doesn't rip you off either.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

The man doesnt half smoke though. :eek:

Advertisement