Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddie Stones in Dungloe on Sunday

Options
  • 04-03-2009 11:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭

I went to this guy in Galway last Saturday - WOW

He is a faith healer who invokes the name of Jesus.

I went up for a blessing he invoked the name of Jesus and said something in another language and he knocked me out flat on the floor. I couldn't open my eyes.

It is called being "in the Spirit" where he invokes the name of Jesus to call down the Holy Spirit.

If you have any family that have health, spiritual or mental problems then bring them there.

2pm Sunday in the chapel in Dungloe.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

I'll be there Pamela

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

irish1967 wrote: »
    :confused:

+1, but seen its still here;

What does this so called "faith healer" charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Why are you pimping this guy Pamela111. I'll give you the opportunity to reply as Im curious.

And as asked above what sort of money is he charging?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

i call shenanigans :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

I have to say I would love to know the answer to the how much question
    But maybe the girl got somthing out of the experience who are we to slag her off or deride her beliefs

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

I said above that I would be there but unfortunately I could not make it. I went to visit him in Clonfert recently, he is not a fake who is in it for the money in my oponion like the lady in Achill island.
    His story started back in 1985, he and his wife sat down to watch a Medjugorje DVD when they had a apparition of our Blessed Virgin Mary. Later Eddie himself had apparitions of our Loud Jesus Christ who told him to give up all that he owned and move to Clonfert to set up a pilgrimage centre. He trusted God and sold his businness (he owned a butcher shop) and moved west from Clara with his wife & 5 kids. He used the money from the businness to help set up the pilgrimage centre in Clonfert but most of the work was done by volunteers. They lived in poverty for many years. There is a healing session on the last Saturday of every month and every Wednesday. There is one optional collection a month on the last Saturday. That money is used to run the centre (heat and other expenses)
    The centre has the blessing of the church and Eddie is paid a modist sallery by the diocese.
    See clip about him and the centre on nationwide.
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2003/1006/nationwide.html
    I'd imagine that there is also a collection made when they do their tours, he was in Derry on Saturday & Dungloe yesterday. This is to pay for the expenses of the whole group, musicians etc.
    Its not really a healing session as in people jumping out of wheel chair etc but it is more spiritual healing and I have to say that it was a great experience for me and that I will def go back.
    there are many testomonies of cures and conversion from Clonfert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

Glenman wrote: »
    he is not a fake who is in it for the money in my oponion like the lady in Achill island.
    His story started back in 1985, he and his wife sat down to watch a Medjugorje DVD

:rolleyes:
    (Insert father ted quote here..careful now)

Glenman wrote: »
    he and his wife sat down to watch a Medjugorje DVD
    So stories that they were watching Blazing Saddles are exaggerated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 WJCG

Eddie Stones, I suffered from very severe depression i was on EfexorXL 75mg tablets was in a partnership which my partner done a runner and left me with more than 80000 euros of debts I had an affair made an attempt to kill myself, Through myself in the river something saved me as i cant swim. My wife dragged me to Clonfert to Eddie Stones! Being COI @ the time i was a serious sceptic about the whole thing, but on my third visit to Clonfert the Lord God cured me through Mr E Stones,
    If you want a more detailed version of what happened to me.
    Look up thedivinemercyconferences.com select year 2008 select Eddie Stones Healing hour you will be able to hear my story.

John

• Advertisement

Enough of this pimping.

Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement