Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is nuclear power feasible in our current economy.

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ionix5891

Dannyboy83 wrote: »
    I agree with your sentiments, but I think its wrong the say that China will emerge the only superpower.
    The only financial superpower, that seems more reasonable.
    The EU is actually the largest economy in the world, but given that we are less than a confederation, its not really comparing like for like.

But nobody can come within a running jump of the US in terms of military might. The US have the biggest and most advanced and most plentiful supply of weaponary, aircraft, navy and army.
    The only people who could even dream of standing up to them would be Russia, and thats if they invaded Russia, and even at that, its pushing it.

The Chinese have a huge army, but not advanced, they buy technology from the Russians and rent their pilots for training and their mechanics frequently too.

Besides, a large chunk of the US population are by and large so brainwashed, that they would fight for free on an empty stomach, just out of patriotisim, ideology and religious beliefs.

But anyway, I'm going way off topic.
    Lots more info here if you're interested:
    http://www.strategypage.com/dls/default.asp

i dunno beside industrial espionage i hear the chineese are buying huge chunks of us companies mainly in to get hands on technologies

and they are pushing them hard to loosen restrictions on how much they can own, i sure do wonder what Hillary offered in return for buying more of their worthless bonds?

anyways all of that is another thread

as for eu we have no teeth, and voting no at lisbon didnt help europe or us

Advertisement