Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

will a meteor phone work on the eircom network

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

ya 3 won't give it to you until your contract is up and will charge you for it unless you upgrade with them. Sorry did I say law, I mean entitlement. If you took it further with 3 you could get it. 3 argue that their handsets are worth more than other networks and that they " subsidise" them alot more than other networks do. I don't believe that but that's their excuse.

Best thing to do is sign up and demand the unlocking code within the 1st 2weeks as you can threaten to cancel the contract within the cooling off period. After they have you for the year they don't care. The rest of the networks have good practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭mattman

did u know eircom do a mobile opt-in package!

it took me AGES to find it on the site..its not listed as normal.

i pay 70 euro a month for 100 mins to anymobile, 100 mins to landlines, 3meg broadband and line rental inc.

what ya think ? good value? or not?

why dont they advertise it?

Im on that for last few months..my bill is about 160 every 2 months..(but my sis is now in uk so bill up 40 euro since then!!)...

m

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

mattman wrote: »
    i pay 70 euro a month for 100 mins to anymobile, 100 mins to landlines, 3meg broadband and line rental inc.
    200mins to be shared between landline and mobile?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭mattman

60 mobile minutes per month to any network anytime plus 5% off
    calls to mobiles off−peak after that. 200 anytime minutes per month for local and national calls. 10.04c a
    minute calls to Britain & US plus 20% off all other international calls to landlines. 10% off international
    mobiles anytime. 41.16 Euro inc. VAT / 33.88 Euro ex VAT per month.
    Broadband Home Plus
    Includes a download speed of up to 3Mb and a download allowance of 30GB per month. 30.11 Euro inc. VAT

i was a bit wrong there...here it is direct from me bill..so its about 71.16 inc vat...a month...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

about the cpw/meteor locking thing..

I was told similar by a cpw employee last year when looking at the n95; reason is they source their handsets via the parent company in the uk and is too much hassle to lock them

• Advertisement
Advertisement