Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late application to NUIG. Still a mature student?

Options
  • 04-03-2009 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭

Quick question (I think).

According to this under 'Late Applications', I have until May 1st to submit an application to NUIG through the CAO, however, this won't treat my application as a 'mature student', and it's the normal Leaving Cert based application. This is fine with me as I should have enough points for the course anyway.

What does this mean once I'm accepted etc? Am I still treated as a 'mature student' because I'm over 23, or if I'm not, what difference does this make? I won't be entitled to a Higher Education grant or Back to Education Allowance or anything, so other than those do I miss out on anything by not being a 'mature-student'?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

You'll miss out on the mature student grant, which every mature student gets.

I know in Trinity they have inductions for Mature Students Ronny, as well as a Mature Students Officer and I think the same is in most other colleges, even if it is combined with other positions, so you wouldn't be meeting them at the start for advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Larianne,
    hi there, I'm just wondering what is the mature student grant you were refering to?

Advertisement