Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Smackdown **spoilers** (6/03) & (13/03)

• 04-03-2009 12:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭

SmackDown: (Airing This Week)
    * A contract signing between Big Show & Edge is announced for tonight. Triple H will also take on Umaga.

* The Undertaker opens SmackDown with a promo about his match against Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania. He says that he accepts Shawn's challenge.

* A Shawn Michaels video package is shown.

* Matt Hardy vs. Jeff Hardy tonight with the winner getting a spot in the Money in the Bank ladder match at WrestleMania.

* Jeff Hardy goes to Vickie's office. He said he won't fight Matt but he will qualify for the Money in the Bank ladder match.

* Matt Hardy comes out to the ring and cuts a promo. He talks about how Jeff won't fight him but says once they both qualify, he'll finally get his hands on him. He's drawing a lot of heel heat.

* MVP b. Matt Hardy to qualify for the Money in the Bank ladder match at WrestleMania 25.
    - MVP builds up a solid offense early on. Matt counters and attempts to connect with Twist of Fate. MVP reverses it to get the win via pinfall.

* Jeff Hardy vs. Shelton Benjamin is announced for tonight.

* R-Truth b. Chavo Guerrero
    - Good back and forth match. R-Truth gets the win via pinfall.

* The Big Show & Edge contract signing is up next.

* Vickie starts the segment in the ring. Edge comes out without the World Heavyweight Championship belt and asks Vickie about what is going on with her and Big Show. Big Show comes out... They sign the contract. Big Show then cuts a promo saying that Edge is not a good champion and Vickie agrees. John Cena comes out and interrupts. Cena cleans house hitting Big Show with a low blow and throwing Edge into the ring post then hitting him with a table. Cena whispers something in Vickie's ear and leaves. Vickie leaves the ring in tears.

* Maryse b. Eve in a non-title match
    - Michelle McCool joins Tazz & Jim Ross on commentary. Lots of boring chants started throughout the match. After the match, Melina comes out and is attacked by Michelle.

* Shelton Benjamin b. Jeff Hardy in a Money in the Bank ladder match qualifier
    - Shelton gets the win after Matt Hardy comes out and hits him disqualifying Jeff.

* Triple H vs. Umaga
    - Triple H starts out at a strong pace, but Umaga eventually gains control. Power shifts back and forth. According to several of our correspondents it appears as if Umaga tweaked his leg as the referee held up the "x" signal. Legacy comes out of the crowd and attacks Triple H. Randy Orton keeps teasing the punt. He stands over Triple H as this week's SmackDown goes off the air.
    Dark Match:
    * Eric Escobar b. Kizarny
    - Solid dark match with lots of good spots. Esobar gets the win via pinfall.

SmackDown: (Airing Next Week)
    * The show opens with Edge vs. Kofi Kingston. Edge wins after Kofi submits in the sharpshooter.

* The Miz & John Morrison b. Carlito & Primo Colon to retain the World Tag Team Championship.
    - After the match The Miz & John Morrison leave with The Bella Twins.

* The Undertaker vs. Vladimir Kozlov is announced for later.

* Chavo Guerrero & Shelton Benjamin b. R-Truth & MVP when Shelton hit Pay Dirt on MVP.

* A WrestleMania video package airs before Matt Hardy comes out to "tell the truth" about Jeff. Matt comes up and holds up the dog collar of Jeff's dog that he lost in his house fire. This prompts Jeff to hit the ring. Matt offers to give the collar to Jeff as a token of love. Jeff grabs the mic from Matt and said that Matt is behind the stairwell incident, the car crash, and the fire. Jeff says Matt hates himself and is sick and twisted. Jeff takes out Matt in the ring then cries in the ring as he holds the collar of his dead dog. Jeff receives a big pop.

* WWE Women's Champion Melina & Maria b. WWE Divas Champion Maryse & Michelle McCool when Melina rolled up Maryse because Michelle wouldn't tag in. After the match, McCool takes out Maryse.

* Finlay b. The Brian Kendrick with the Celtic Cross to qualify for the Money in the Bank Ladder Match at WrestleMania 25.

* The Undertaker b. Vladimir Kozlov
    - Good back and forth action. The crowd is behind Undertaker. He gets the win clean after hitting a tombstone. After the match Undertaker looks up at the WrestleMania sign and the lights dim. This concludes next week's SmackDown

Dark Main Event:
    * Edge vs. Matt Hardy vs. Jeff Hardy - Edge gets the win to retain the World Heavyweight Championship.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

I must admit i have no interest whatsoever in a Hardy/Hardy feud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

JP Liz wrote: »
    I must admit i have no interest whatsoever in a Hardy/Hardy feud

Really? Even with the dog collar?

Surely that must be the equivalent of takers urn! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

This weeks Smackdown sounds great, next week is a meh for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I have no interest in seeing Finlay in MITB, at all, why could they not have given Kendrick a chance? He would do much more in this match than Finlay who was pretty average in the last one. I hope Umanga is not badly injured, he would have being ideal for MITB unlike the other two lumps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Rjd2 wrote: »
    I have no interest in seeing Finlay in MITB, at all, why could they not have given Kendrick a chance? He would do much more in this match than Finlay who was pretty average in the last one. I hope Umanga is not badly injured, he would have being ideal for MITB unlike the other two lumps.

i just hope that finlay makin it in means that ecw people can definatley be placed in and give christian a place!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Rjd2 wrote: »
    I have no interest in seeing Finlay in MITB, at all, why could they not have given Kendrick a chance?.

Smoking too much pot. I've given up all hope of MITB being any good this year. No Miz, no Kendrick, no Rey, no Morrison, no Bourne. You could make a much better MITB of the names not on the WM card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

il be interested to see jeff CRY, should be funny..

Hmm, the orton/HHH and HBK/Taker are really the only matches im looking forward to as of yet, maybe il have to actually watch the smackdown to get "involved".

Brand Crossover seems to be more common, its probably just near draft time though? or a more permanent thing... i wonder!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Vladimir Kozlov loses again this week :D

No Orton or HHH this week

Advertisement