Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Camera recommendation?

• 04-03-2009 12:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm looking for a nice compact point and shoot camera that i'll be using for family shots and some scenery maybe. Very low shutter lag would be high on the ould priority list. I'm leaning towards a sony cybershot. My budget would be 180 yo yos. Where would be the best place to go to purchase? Thanks folk

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,511 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Buy a Canon Powershot A480, it's a brand new model, available in four colours and Canon compacts are superb. Jessops are selling it for GBP 119 (EUR 133) so you should have some change after shipping and credit card FX costs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,158 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,
    To buy look at Camera Labs. I bought my camera there for almost 1/2 price compared to bricks and motar store in Galway.
    they also have a best buy section.

I heard that the Canon Ixus range are very good but the Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ5 looks great.

Good luck.

Advertisement