Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The difference between Asian and African corruption.....

Options
  • 04-03-2009 1:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭

The difference between Asian and African corruption…..

A Kenyan politician was visiting his counterpart in the Philippines. He was brought to the house of his counterpart as a guest and was very impressed with its size and opulence. It had a long tree-lined avenue, perfect lawns and imposing façade, three stories high with twelve bedrooms, seven bathrooms, games rooms, a ballroom, and four reception rooms, not to mention the state of the art kitchens. Staff quarters were hidden behind trees and the garage had several luxury vehicles.

The Kenyan politician asked the Filipino how he could afford such a home and the Filipino pointed out the window and asked “Do you see that road? 10% of the cost of it was mine so I built this house”.

A year later, the Filipino politician visited Kenya and was brought to the new house of his friend. To his amazement, it was even bigger and much more opulent than his own, covering a huge area and included marble staircases, Italian and French antique furnishings everywhere, velvet drapes and fine paintings. Staff and servants were at every corner.

The Filipino asked his Kenyan friend how he could manage such wealth and the Kenyan asked him “Do you see that suspension bridge and the four-lane highway out there all the way to Mombasa?”

The Filipino looked outside but could see nothing. “No”, he replied, “I can’t see anything”.

“Exactly”, replied the Kenyan.

*Me thinks you could change the Kenyan Politicians with Irish Politicians and would probably be just as true*:D

Advertisement