Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bathroom light replacement?

• 04-03-2009 1:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭

PJtvFROr7T8Ue-p3hTnp8uRXX8PHg5Lx.jpg

T_dwSus24z__srozzUAipjRyXaIF9gUH.jpg

I have the above fitting in the bathrooms in our place and would love to change the 60w tube bulb to an energy saving or low watt tube bulb.

Do they make one for this fitting?

If not, can anyone recommend a replacement light unit for this that is energy saving. (not too bothered with the plug for the shaver - could do without it as i never use it anyway!)

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

yeah they are available, if thats a 284 mm 60 watt bulb then we should have one. the one you have is clear, the energy saver ones are opal but as its behind a shade it matters not. ill check tomorow we do have them just need to get ye a rough price and ill get back to ye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

sound... i await your reply.

and just measured it and it is about 280mm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

we have these in our place and i checked the price which i was a bit shocked by......17.50 euro + vat.
    i have found that the less common bulbs are exspensive when you go to get them in an energy saving type. this perticular bulb is supposed to use 70 % less power and last for 8000 hours.....which is allways over exagerated.
    hope this helps and if ye need anymore info let me know.

Advertisement