Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cutting costs, moving to three

• 04-03-2009 1:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭

Right trying to cut costs here. Im using meteor as my mobile provider and three as my BB. Would i be able to move over to three, take my exsisting number and port over to three? Then use my current mobile (MWG ZINC II, Windows mobile & 3g) as a modem to use to receive my broadband (Via a laptop)

Im currently topping up meteor by 20e a month and three BB by 25e a month, so spending 45e a month?

Can i top up by 25e on three and if i do this do i get 10gb allowance and still be able to receive voice calls/texts? Ill possibly need to top by 30 a month so i have some credit for texts/calls?

I notice three do a sim only pack now.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Yes, you can but a 3pay sim only from a 3 store, set the mobile to USB through my3 (this will enable you to buy the 10gb add on) and you can still receive/send texts/calls. You will also receive €10 free from 3 every month proveded you top up by at least €10 every 30 days (this €10 free credit cannot be used to buy an add on but you use it for your calls/texts). Hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭mcguyver

If you set your mobile to USB can you still buy the 1GB add on if needed? also If you do this do you have to change price plans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

you only have to top up by 10e to get your free credit? Thats good? Also does the three network have to have constant three 3g coverage or will it drop down to 2g if no three coverage? My three modem doesnt work on anyother network apart from three 3g?

mcguyver wrote: »
    If you set your mobile to USB can you still buy the 1GB add on if needed? also If you do this do you have to change price plans?

No if you set your mobile to USB only the broadband add on's are available i.e. €5 for 1 day, €10 for a week or €25 per month (30 days).:)

snaps wrote: »
    you only have to top up by 10e to get your free credit? Thats good? Also does the three network have to have constant three 3g coverage or will it drop down to 2g if no three coverage? My three modem doesnt work on anyother network apart from three 3g?

You will need 3g (3) coverage for internet access, for voice and text it will drop down to 2g (vodafone) when 3g (3) is not available

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Walkman wrote: »
    Yes, you can but a 3pay sim only from a 3 store,
    This is not true. CPW do them now as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,251 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Random wrote: »
    This is not true. CPW do them now as well.

and so does every 3 stockist, not just cpw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

and so does every 3 stockist, not just cpw
    There ya have it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

But is it easy using your windows mobile phone as a broadband modem when connected to a laptop via usb??

Apologies everyone, I did not realise the sim only packs were available everywhere (you learn something new every day)

• Advertisement
Advertisement