Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blackburn rovers v Everton football club, match thread 8pm

• 04-03-2009 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭

The mighty blues have a chance tonight ,to exact revenge against blackburn from our opening day defeat. We are however in a much stronger position this time around , back in August , we really feilded a very very young team.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,001 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

We are in a much stronger position, a good manager now and two great additions in the January transfer window. Robbo and Dunny are both expected to start tonight but if they don't then Brown and Warnock will take their places with Givet moving to left back and Samba coming into the middle imo, although Samba and Givet would be my preferred starting CB partnership. I expect us to win this game tonight.

Robbo
    Ooijer
    Nelsen
    Givet
    Warnock
    Grella
    Diouf
    Andrews
    Dunn
    Gamst
    RSC

Brown, Simpson, Samba, Tugay, Mokoena, McCarthy, Roberts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

2-1 to Blackburn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

eagle eye wrote: »
    We are in a much stronger position, a good manager now and two great additions in the January transfer window. Robbo and Dunny are both expected to start tonight but if they don't then Brown and Warnock will take their places with Givet moving to left back and Samba coming into the middle imo, although Samba and Givet would be my preferred starting CB partnership. I expect us to win this game tonight.

Robbo
    Ooijer
    Nelsen
    Givet
    Warnock
    Grella
    Diouf
    Andrews
    Dunn
    Gamst
    RSC

Brown, Simpson, Samba, Tugay, Mokoena, McCarthy, Roberts.

Pedersen is suspended tonight after the sending off at Hull.

Dunn is expected to make it for tonights game.

I'd like to see a 442 tonight, with Roberts up with RSC.

we'll know soon enough anyways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

1922: TEAMS Blackburn v Everton
    Blackburn:
    Brown, Ooijer, Samba, Nelsen, Givet, Andrews, Grella, Warnock, Roque Santa Cruz, Roberts, Diouf. Subs: Bunn, Kerimoglu, Dunn, McCarthy, Mokoena, Simpson, Treacy.
    Everton: Howard, Jagielka, Yobo, Lescott, Baines, Osman, Neville, Rodwell, Pienaar, Cahill, Jo. Subs: Nash, Van der Meyde, Castillo, Saha, Jacobsen, Fellaini, Gosling.

teamnews.jpg

Team news in from Sky Sports

Interesting formation from blackburn, im deligted Roberts is starting,

forced to go like this with Pedersen missing,

I suppose its easy enough to go 442 from this, sky have it as a 433

• Advertisement

Team news in from Sky Sports

Interesting formation from blackburn, im deligted Roberts is starting,

forced to go like this with Pedersen missing,

I suppose its easy enough to go 442 from this, sky have it as a 433
    Its a 4-5-1 really with the two wide guys getting forward very quickly. So I suppose its a 4-5-1/4-3-3.

Forgot about Peds suspension. Warnock playing left mid so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

ctrl-alt-delete that puts my cut and paste job to shame :D

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭saltie

2 zip toffees

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Predicting a 1-1 here. With RSC to score first:)

Its a 4-5-1 really with the two wide guys getting forward very quickly. So I suppose its a 4-5-1/4-3-3.

Forgot about Peds suspension. Warnock playing left mid so.

Yeah Roberts on the right then? he wont be getting back much i don't think though,

One of the best players i've seen at holding up the ball, and his touch is amazing for a big guy. At Sunderland this year on numerous occasions he held off 2 or 3 guys and managed to play the ball on.

A win here tonight will work wonders for confidence in the camp.

Will be a very tough one though, hopefully we have to height and presence in defence to keep Cahill quiet at set pieces.

• Advertisement

ctrl-alt-delete that puts my cut and paste job to shame :D

:D

i just robbed it from sky anyways, print screen instead of cut and paste

Yeah Roberts on the right then? he wont be getting back much i don't think though,

One of the best players i've seen at holding up the ball, and his touch is amazing for a big guy. At Sunderland this year on numerous occasions he held off 2 or 3 guys and managed to play the ball on.

A win here tonight will work wonders for confidence in the camp.

Will be a very tough one though, hopefully we have to height and presence in defence to keep Cahill quiet at set pieces.
    I'd think Roberts on the left, Diouf on the right. I meant to say Warnock centre mid, I see I posted left mid.

I'd think Roberts on the left, Diouf on the right. I meant to say Warnock centre mid, I see I posted left mid.

At Sunderland he was always hanging out on the right, even though he was playing up front that day, i suppose they can interchange anyways.

Cagey and Nervous start to the Match.

It's RSC playing on the right for Blackburn,

Everton havn't created much yet, Blackburn having more of the ball, but too many long shots, and long balls going nowhere at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭craiginireland

very scrappy match. Hoofball all the way for blackurn

very scrappy match. Hoofball all the way for blackurn

Totally, thats the way Sam used to have Bolton playing it.

Annoying when you see how well Blackburn can pass it about at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭craiginireland

Great save by brown. More positive from Everton. Blackburn are a decent team don't look like relegation canditates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭busted flush

Everton are growing stronger and stronger as the game goes on.The pitch seems to be very very slippy and no one is holding back so i will not be shocked if the cards are out a lot more in the second half. Jo is holding the line well , probably made the wrong decision going for the shot there before half time, a little dink into cahill was the play there, however he is showing more and more improvement. I would suggest that we take ozzi of at about 60/65 mins, bring cahill back into midfield and bring on saha. Villa are losing so thre is a big big chance here to gain a little ground and maybe just maybe the 4th spot will not look so doubtful anymore!

Blackburn need to get Diouf off and bring on either Dunn or Treacy,

Diouf has wasted every set piece, and is offering very little out there

Advertisement