Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bohemian FC Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2009

• 04-03-2009 2:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭

Taking a leaf out of DSBs book, starting the talk/gossip thread for the Double winners. The big club!

First game is away to the Town, who themselves have a good few faces. Be interesting to see how the get on this year.

Not loving the announcement that pink will be worn away to Rovers, but I suppose its for charity

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Trilla wrote: »
    Taking a leaf out of DSBs book, starting the talk/gossip thread for the Double winners. The Big Pub!

Fixed that for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Quint wrote: »
    Fixed that for you

thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Not loving the announcement that pink will be worn away to Rovers, but I suppose its for charity
    Agreed. The only way to turn up against Shamrock is in the black 'n' red.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,545 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Well there'll only be approx 300 max away fans at the game based on the grounds current capacity so not too many of you have to endure the wearing of the pink in the flesh so to speak :)
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Max. 300? It's going to be max. 150 for any travelling team until July (if the new stand goes ahead). Clubs only have to give 5% of the tickets to away fans and the stadium capacity atm is only 3,000.

• Advertisement

Is the first Rovers away game definitely on in Tallaght?

Is the first Rovers away game definitely on in Tallaght?

Say so.

Max. 300? It's going to be max. 150 for any travelling team until July (if the new stand goes ahead). Clubs only have to give 5% of the tickets to away fans and the stadium capacity atm is only 3,000.

Stand capacity is 3300, i have an autocad copy of the seating plan;) But yes its likely that the majority of visiting teams will get approx 150 tickets as over the last few seasons few have brought even half that number, there was talk (albeit limited) of approx 300 being provided for the games v Pats & Bohs but that looks unlikely given the demand for season and/or members ticket sales to date.

The new stand is going ahead, well according to SDCC it is anyway.

But back on topic, with it likely to be approx 150 tickets to Bohs thats even less of them having to endure the pink kit 'in the flesh' :)
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Would it be in order for Bohs to limit SRFC fans to 150 at Dalymount in return?

Yes, of course it would (though we wouldn't get away with a stipulation that they wear pink). But we'll take their money instead, thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

SectionF wrote: »

Yes, of course it would

No it wouldn't.

5% is 5%.

Anyway, you stick them over in the Connaught, which is a fúcking disgrace.

That stand terrace is a danger to people.

• Advertisement

Yes, of course it would (though we wouldn't get away with a stipulation that they wear pink). But we'll take their money instead, thank you.

Then again would the board at BFC be likely to turn away the €'s that the Rovers away support brings to games in Dalymount? If so it would be a petty action IMO & a financially thoughtless one into the bargain, its not like any club in the league is in a position to willingly turn away paying customers.

Des wrote: »
    which is a fúcking disgrace.

Well you know why that is, whats the alternative?

DvB wrote: »
    Then again would the board at BFC be likely to turn away the €'s that the Rovers away support brings to games in Dalymount? If so it would be a petty action IMO
    ... but fun
    & a financially thoughtless one into the bargain, its not like any club in the league is in a position to willingly turn away paying customers.
    That's why I said we'd take yer money.

Des wrote: »
    No it wouldn't.

5% is 5%.

Anyway, you stick them over in the Connaught, which is a fúcking disgrace.
    Friendlies apart, a long memory! Good luck getting back into it for a proper game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

The limit is there because there is no other stand or structure to put you all in.

Do you honestly expect Rovers to turn away Hoops in favour of Bohs fans at our first proper home derby in 21 years? Get a grip, man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I have just read , that the FAI have given only a 520 allocation to the bohs fans for the game in Oriel tomorrow night.

To be fair the away section in oriel is a nightmare. Shall you guys have 500+ at the game ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Sarge wrote: »

To be fair the away section in oriel is a nightmare. Shall you guys have 500+ at the game ?

Id say so, I dont bother with a lot of away games but will probably make my way down tomorrow (without a ticket)

bohsman wrote: »
    Id say so, I dont bother with a lot of away games but will probably make my way down tomorrow (without a ticket)

Wouldn't bother http://www.loi.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=298:ticket-information-for-bohemian-fc-fans&catid=2:bohemian-fc&Itemid=53

Good start to the campaign, but Christ that first half was hard working watching

Another Tough game for the Champs tonight, wont be able to go.

Predicting a 1-0 win, Brennan to come with the goods

• Advertisement

Predicting a 1-0 win, Brennan to come with the goods

Wasnt far off the mark with the prediction, havent seen any of the highlights yet. How did we play?

Or am I talking to myself in this thread!! :)

Missed the game aswell but we played well by all accounts, just watched the highlights on mns, sweet finish by Brennan. Then had to listen to Roddy go on about how **** the league is.

Roddy's a right Doctor Doolittle - every second sentence is something like "I was talking last night to a guy that knows a bloke who cleans the Jodi and he said...".

He's even more wired this season - must be job touting.

I cant believe he actually came out and said that he saved Carlisle and Rovers from relegation.

On that basis, I'm glad I missed MSN. Is RTE really that short of potential pundits that the programme has to stoop to this level again?

They've got an eye on the Dunphy Attack Dog role on Premier Soccer Saturday, and RC is obviously been moulded as a Lidl brand version for MNS.

stovelid wrote: »
    Lidl brand version for MNS.

lol, about as lovable as fried liver and brussel sprout pizza

stovelid wrote: »
    They've got an eye on the Dunphy Attack Dog role on Premier Soccer Saturday, and RC is obviously been moulded as a Lidl brand version for MNS.
    No wonder people turn to GAA.

• Advertisement

So Rovers come to Dalymount tonight, they defo gonna be wearing pink?

Yup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

bohsman wrote: »

I've no sound but what's with the blurred out faces?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭ciaran76

cant make the game tonight so am gutted. Will have my phone with me to check updates by text.

I've no sound but what's with the blurred out faces?

TV3 made the video. It's to hide the identity of the Top Boys on either team.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭simonw

Can't wait for kick off, hopefully its a good turn out looks like it'll be a lovely evening

• Advertisement

Great second half performance. Impressed with Keegan and Deegan. Glad O Donnell is gone!

Had my phone on silent and kept it under my coat trying to keep up with the game. Was delighted with the score. Can't wait to see the goals now.

second goal was class, seems alot slower build up on the tv lookin back at it

Anyone rate Anto Murphy? Nice finish at the weekend but Christ he can be painful to watch at time

• Advertisement

Against Rovers his positioning was perfect but his distribution was shocking. Unfortunately he looks better at rb but not as good as Heary, Shelley or Rossi.

Seemed a bit of lackluster perfromance against Cork.
    Deegan was missed badly

Why is Deegan suspended for 3 games? Cant find anything on the net re it

Good solid win last night, didnt see the goals but heard they were decent enough

Hopefully the loss last weekend was a wake up call to the team. Something similar happened last season after the Pats game when Fahey scored that wonder goal.

is it on telly Sat night? I wont be able to make it to Dalymount

Resurrecting this thread, due to a great strike by Madden. Vital first goal for the youngster. Now to the Rovers game...

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Leejo

Can't bleedin' wait! 5 hours 15 mins to kick off. Quite simply the biggest game of the season - of any season. 6,500 sell out. Atmosphere will be electric.

TG4 7:45 for any of those unlucky enough not to be going to this.

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Champions!

Shelley and Deegan leaving? Anyone here those rumours?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Shelley and Deegan leaving? Anyone here those rumours?
    Deegan has been linked with an England move for a good while now.

Shelley has been linked with a move away but I've heard he'll be staying. My source isn't particularly reliable though.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement