Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladbrokes Odds on Reward Card

Options
  • 04-03-2009 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭

Anybody use this?
    €1= 1point

250pts=Voucher
    500=€5 free bet etc etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Famous45

You gotta be playing in the high street shop though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,637 ✭✭✭Trampas

So you need to gamble €500 to get a free €5 bet?

Not great if you ask me

Not great is an understatement Trampas.

I'll drop dead the day Ladbrokes offer anything half decent with regards to sports betting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 nyrahc29

Don't know lads - signed up today cuz they're offering free bets for Chelt . . . giving out bonus points and double points all the time - reckon it's fairly alright. Every little helps these days - could be good

signed up today cuz they're offering free bets for Chelt

Where do you see this? I havent' seen them offering anything.

Last year they didn't even offer a free bet for the festival. I have to confess that I bet with them, but only when the odds are decent, otherwise they are a no go area, they offer nothing for their customers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Will find out later on what they are offering when am in one of their shops, actually find Laddys better in some respects than some of the other firms....other advantage is they will take a decent bet compared to Boylesports etc...

Brgds
    Johnny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭aya14

Afaik once you pass 500 points (i.e your 1st bonus) they also give you enhanced odds on certain sports bets

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Ladbrokes (& Hills) are the worst of the lot of them.
    Wouldn't lay you a bet, no specials to take off and the few they have are brutal enhances.
    Exchange Betting is your only man for Cheltenham unless you're doing accums.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Ladbrokes (& Hills) are the worst of the lot of them.

As opposed to who? Boyles? Powers? dont make me laugh.

Try getting a decent bet on in the morning before it turns blue with the green PR machine.

What did they all do before the Betting Exchanges?
    There's no excuse nowadays for not laying a decent size bet especially if it's the same price on the exchanges.
    Ladbrokes I have found are particularly bad and Hills aren't far behind them.
    Have to say never any major problems with Boylers or Powers, at least their odds and specials are a lot better.

• Advertisement

What did they all do before the Betting Exchanges?
    There's no excuse nowadays for not laying a decent size bet especially if it's the same price on the exchanges.
    Ladbrokes I have found are particularly bad and Hills aren't far behind them.
    Have to say never any major problems with Boylers or Powers, at least their odds and specials are a lot better.
    its much of a muchness really.
    Laddies gave me back my ante-post money for Inglis Drever the next day powers were doing refunnds too.
    I've been refused a €300 bet on a 5/1 shot in boyles before put 400 on later the same day in Hackett's they're all more or less the same. It's just a case of which one your used too, or which one has hotter staff:D

Hills probably the worst by a long long way.....no wonder all of their shops are empty(certainly the ones in Dublin city centre except Burgh Quay), as for the hottest staff, Laddys win that hands down in my opinion!

Brgds
    Johnny

• Registered Users Posts: 10,274 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

No allegiance to any of them. Ladbrokes is nearest to work so do the odd bet there when I can't access internet and need to get a bet on quick. Will use an odds comparison site if I'm looking for a specific bet

I'll probably pick up the ladbrokes card. Can't see the harm in it. Already get shiite they send out due to web custom...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Laddys have better odds on games for mosst matches and its the closet to work/house/pub so that will do for me.

Would never go near Paddy Powers after some betting return problems
    last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 defness

Barone bookies are the best

jkmanc1974 wrote: »
    Hills probably the worst by a long long way.....no wonder all of their shops are empty(certainly the ones in Dublin city centre except Burgh Quay), as for the hottest staff, Laddys win that hands down in my opinion!

Brgds
    Johnny
    There's 3 Billy Hills in Limerick 2 of which are closing down:eek:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

If you have one of the cards you get a free €5 bet next Tue, Wed, Thu and Fri. It can be on anything you like, even lotto.. so that's €20 free at the end of the week. I saw it writen up in all their windows. Not bad imo. Get the card, use the free bets for the week and then never bother with it again if you don't want.. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

aya14 wrote: »
    There's 3 Billy Hills in Limerick 2 of which are closing down:eek:

I thought there was 4. Punches Cross, Raheen, Charlotte Quay and Parnell street. They are keeping the Charlotte Quay one open iirc.

Browney7 wrote: »
    I thought there was 4. Punches Cross, Raheen, Charlotte Quay and Parnell street. They are keeping the Charlotte Quay one open iirc.
    afaik the in punches closed down a year or so ago. Either way don't like them they are never looked after or presented well

Not sure which ones in Dublin are closing but up there on Monday, unbelieveably though Hills have an ad this morning in the racing press advertising guaranteed prices over the phone and on-line, yet not in shops!!!

Brgds
    Johnny

• Advertisement

Hills have an ad this morning in the racing press advertising guaranteed prices over the phone and on-line, yet not in shops!!!

Boylers and Powers have been doing full returns for all areas for months now.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Boylers and Powers have been doing full returns for all areas for months now.

except multis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Chanandler Bong

Only got my card today, free 5 euro bet every day of the Cheltenham festival aint bad lads

One worrying aspect is that i've already received two texts from them in the first day!, i'm currently praying that it doesnt turn into another nameless gym which texts me at least twice a week since i did this trial thing like a year ago!

wicklowdub wrote: »
    except multis.
    Bet365 are guarenteeing prices in there multiples done online for Cheltenham week

maybe if ladbrokes spend more time on given 5 places betting instead of a loyalty card I would back with them

e.g. 1405 today at Cheltenham Powers and Bet 365 paying 5 places. Lads paying 4 only.

I would rather that then a €5 free bet after gambling €500

Trampas wrote: »

e.g. 1405 today at Cheltenham Powers and Bet 365 paying 5 places. Lads paying 4 only.

ladbrokes paid first 5 on this too. As I had and e/w bet on Green Mile, I'm positive on this.

Dodge wrote: »
    ladbrokes paid first 5 on this too. As I had and e/w bet on Green Mile, I'm positive on this.

Had backed Green Mile myself Dodge and collected, however think that it only applies in certain Laddys shops where they have competition in the area(ie Powers and Mulhollands are just around the corner as well)...

Brgds
    Johnny

wasn't offered on the site

jkmanc1974 wrote: »
    Had backed Green Mile myself Dodge and collected, however think that it only applies in certain Laddys shops where they have competition in the area(ie Powers and Mulhollands are just around the corner as well)...

Didn't realise that. Sorry for the misinformation so... (and I agree with your original point btw)

• Advertisement
Advertisement