Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Questions about Trailfinders

• 04-03-2009 4:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭

I've booked a major holiday with Trailfinders and have had to call them numerous times over the period of time.

Are they working on a time limit on their calls? - because they can't seem to get me off the phone quick enough - as a result all my questions haven't been answered so I have to calll again. It is very annoying, considering I have parted with a lot of cash. :mad:
    I rang them twice today and as a result of being rushed off the phone twice, I find I need to change something on my itinerary because I have just seen that they are only allowing me 1 hour to get from Heathrow's T5 to T1 (actually less considering you have to board the plane 30 mins before). I am going to call tomorrow as I spoke to the same guy twice today.

BTW I am not a fussy person, I was calling for genuine reasons - just adding a hotel to my itinerary and today checking my seat numbers (I asked for window seats when I first booked and found out today, no window seats were booked, so had to change them):mad:

This company was recommended to me so I am a bit peeved about their customer service.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Hmmm, that sounds bad alright. I have to say though, I've been dealing with them a lot over the past few months. Booked flights through them for Asia & Oz. Very friendly helpful staff.

Since then, I've been calling a few times about visas and confirming different things. The wait to talk to an agent is a bit annoying (around 5-10 minutes on hold) but I've always found the agents very helpful.

I know this doesn't mean jack to you considering your experience but personally, I've found them very good. I know other people who have gone through them as well and had no complaints.

It could just be the person you got through to. Try again tomorrow and hopefully things will be better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭nhughes100

Always found Trailfinders to be excellent but they are always busy which means queueing when ringing them and calling into them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭Chickus

Hi, I also have booked a major holiday with trailfinders and had found them helpful but now iv been trying to get them to book a flight for me and they are not replying to emails, when i ring they tell me they will call back etc.. Im not a bit pleased,
    Guess il have to go in

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭v.e.r.b.a.l

I organised our flights, advise about itinerary, visas, travel insurance all with Trailfinders and have to sing their praises. Everyone we've dealt with have been more than helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

I organised our flights, advise about itinerary, visas, travel insurance all with Trailfinders and have to sing their praises. Everyone we've dealt with have been more than helpful.

They are helpful once you can get hold of them!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

In this internet-age, what advantages are there with booking with the likes of Trailfinders?

S.M.B. wrote: »
    In this internet-age, what advantages are there with booking with the likes of Trailfinders?

We tried to book an internal flight in South America online. Trailfinders were 200 euro cheaper than the next cheapest quote we could find ourselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

SheroN wrote: »
    We tried to book an internal flight in South America online. Trailfinders were 200 euro cheaper than the next cheapest quote we could find ourselves.

Hmmm... that seems highly unusual to me. Did Trailfinders book you a flight with one of the airlines you had checked out?

I'm usually very hands on with organising any trips/holidays I go on. I've never gone through a travel company before for anything.

For such a huge trip (year long), traveling to several countries in a part of the world I've never been to, I decided to save myself a lot of hassle and ask the experts. And that's what trailfinders is, a collection of people who have been there, done that and know the score. What would have taken me MUCH more time, effort and money to organise, I did in half an hour at Trailfinders and at a good price.

You have enough stuff to be researching as it is (vaccines, visas, travel routes, figuring out what to pack, organising accommodation etc.), Trailfinders (or some similar agent) takes some of the pressure off.

I'm suprised to hear about the money savings!!

I imagined the reduction of time and effort would be the main plus for using them.

I guess as time consuming as something like that would be, I think I'd get quite a bit of enjoyment out of it myself.

I also think that if I'm going to be spending a SERIOUS amount of money on a round the world trip I'd like to be making every single decision myself based on my own research and not on that of a bunch of experts.

• Advertisement

I also think that if I'm going to be spending a SERIOUS amount of money on a round the world trip I'd like to be making every single decision myself based on my own research and not on that of a bunch of experts.

Who said anything about making "every single decision" based on Trailfinders. I understand where you're coming from, I probably get more fun organising the trip than actually going on it :) but you asked what are the benifits of Trailfinders and that is it. It cuts a lot of the hassle out. Also, they are "experts", for lack of a better word. The girl that booked our flights saved me from a major oversight I had made in my itinerary regarding China.

And it's not like they say to you. "Ok you're flying in here on this date and you need to be here by such and such" etc. I made my own route. Told it to them and they booked my flights, nothing more. They were full of tips and info aswell.

God, I'm starting to sound like I work for them :o

What ever you decide, hope it all works out for ya :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭nhughes100

LOL sure why would you take advice from experts and those who have been there before you? Ps the advice is not compulsory!

Hmmm... that seems highly unusual to me. Did Trailfinders book you a flight with one of the airlines you had checked out?

Highly unusual to me also. The flight was with one of the airlines we checked out. They must have some agreement with the airline or something.

Bacchus wrote: »
    Who said anything about making "every single decision" based on Trailfinders. I understand where you're coming from, I probably get more fun organising the trip than actually going on it :) but you asked what are the benifits of Trailfinders and that is it. It cuts a lot of the hassle out. Also, they are "experts", for lack of a better word. The girl that booked our flights saved me from a major oversight I had made in my itinerary regarding China.

And it's not like they say to you. "Ok you're flying in here on this date and you need to be here by such and such" etc. I made my own route. Told it to them and they booked my flights, nothing more. They were full of tips and info aswell.

God, I'm starting to sound like I work for them :o

What ever you decide, hope it all works out for ya :)
    Fair enough, i'm not actually looking at booking a RTW trip myself, i'm just interested in hearing why people decide to go with the likes of trailfinders.

Thanks for the replies!

nhughes100 wrote: »
    LOL sure why would you take advice from experts and those who have been there before you? Ps the advice is not compulsory!
    Of course you're going to take on board their advice/tips, but by booking with them you're usually paying for this 'expert' opinion which mostly can be found elsewhere anyway.

Advertisement