Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Were Cadbury's Roses ever called 'Irish Roses'

• 04-03-2009 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

My mother always refers to Cadbury's Roses as 'Irish Roses', and I've often wondered why, given that there's nothing particularly Irish about them. My colleague, who is a bit older than me, just told me they were once called Cadbury's Irish Roses.
    Can anyone else remember/confirm this?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I think they were, actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

frecklier wrote: »
    My mother always refers to Cadbury's Roses as 'Irish Roses', and I've often wondered why, given that there's nothing particularly Irish about them. My colleague, who is a bit older than me, just told me they were once called Cadbury's Irish Roses.
    Can anyone else remember/confirm this?

So does mine! Glad to know it's not just my mother being random so :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Fairtrade Irish Roses has a certain ring to it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Propellerhead

They were, in Ireland only, until some time in the early 1980s. Usually came in a bag rather than the square box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭strongbluebell

I remember them too, they came in a yellow bag I think

• Advertisement
Advertisement