Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House rental problem

Options
  • 04-03-2009 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I hope some body can help me out here.
    When my parents died I bought the old family home paying the rest of the family by taking out a loan.The idea was to rent the house and this would help with the repayments.
    as it is an old house it was difficult to let but about 6 months ago we let it to a polish couple and their child, unfortunally after 2 months she went back to poland with the child but he said that he wanted to stay on as he had a pretty good job.
    in dec we started to have problems gettin rent from him and he has been uncontactable for the last 3 weeks no car in the drive, no answer to phone.
    I went into the house today and there is a share of his stuff there but nothing of any great value and it looks like he hasnt been there for a while.
    In the meantime my my wife has lost her job and i have been put on a 3 day week and as we are basically paying two mortgages things are fairly desperate
    Would anybody have any suggestions as to what I can do, if i take his stuff out and he shows up I am worried that I may have a problem
    Any suggestions would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

have you tried contacting your local ctizens info centre - or the private residential tenancy board are very good @ this sort of thing - here's their website:

http://www.prtb.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭mikehn

thanks arteva
    Dunno if the prtb can help as i cannot contact this guy, he does not seem to have stayed in the house for a number of weeks.
    My wife wants me to pack his stuff up and see if we can let it again.
    What do you think ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭sorella

Call Threshold and ask them this.

It cannot be the first time someone has done this; and you need to relet.

If he has not paid the rent, then he has broken the lease.

But Threshold will know the legalities.

http://www.threshold.ie/menu.asp?menu=68

Advertisement