Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The book you just couldn't put down

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 kathycork

Ya I read the first three of them, good fun, but ive stopped since watching true blood as its actually improved the story!!alexander skarsgard, yum!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Wheely

Got a good few ideas from here so thanks!!!

Just read the Lovely Bones today, probably a bit disappointed but I read it in a day so it's obviously a page-turner, Have Revolutionary Road and the Book Thief on the bedside locker next so looking forward to them.

For my own money I found the entire series of A Song of Ice and Fire unputdownable. Fantastically page-turning stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭ally2

Wheely wrote: »
    Got a good few ideas from here so thanks!!!

Have Revolutionary Road and the Book Thief on the bedside locker next so looking forward to them.

I loved Revolutionary Road. I didn't want to watch the film until I read it and am so glad. One of the most beautifully written books I've read in a while and I found the characters riveting. I want to read the rest of his books now as I'm still thinking about that one a few weeks after finishing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Zadkiel

In no particular order :

It - Stephen King
    Musashi - Eiji Yoshikawa
    American Gods - Neil Gaiman
    Eye of the Tiger - Wilbur Smith ( and a few others he has a great pace )
    Magician - Raymond E Feist
    The Grapes of Wrath - John Steinbeck ( read it in school but loved it )
    Legend - David Gemmel
    Bloodstream - Tess Gerritsen
    A child called 'It' - Dave Pelzer...I admit I cried.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Rockshamrover

Any "Jack Reacher" fans here?

The first chapter of all the Lee Child "Jack Reacher" books are always so intense.

Joseph Waumbaugh is another great writer. The Secrets of Harry Bright is very good.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

the fablehaven series were another bunch of books I could'nt put down really enjoyed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 bill2176

The Surgeon of Crowthorne by Simon Winchester.

A brilliant book about an intriguing subject.

I found it spellbinding.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 bill2176

The God of Small Things--Arundhati Roy

Wonderful Book. Completely unputdownable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tzehai

"The Likeness" by Tana French.
    I read all day, and as late into the night as I could stay awake, for a whole weekend!
    Absolutely brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭fizzynicenice

Haunted - Chuck Palahniuk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Damian Duffy

East of Eden, i could not put that book that down. As soon as Cathy was introduced the book gripped me like a vice, could not stop reading it and it aint a short book!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭pinkheels88

Angels and Insects (Two short novellas in one book) by A.S Byatt. -She is wonderful! :)

Atonement - Ian McEwan (better than the movie... -Usually the case isn't it?!)

The Harry Potter series -seriously J.K Rowling is an imaginative genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 artfreak

Shardlake series by CJ Sansom and IT by Stephen King, both brillant reads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

The Thirty-nine Steps by John Buchan. A great wee yarn. To date it's the only serious book I've ever read in one sitting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

The White Tiger by Aravind Adiga

Great read - looking forward to getting stuck into his next book

Advertisement