Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*review request* Dboys scar & Well L96sniper

Options
  • 04-03-2009 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Just general thoughts on these and if you own one your opinion would be great!

Also, for the scar, on eirsoft the tanned scar looks tacky but is it that bad in real life or should i get the black?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

Naessens wrote: »
    Just general thoughts on these and if you own one your opinion would be great!

Also, for the scar, on eirsoft the tanned scar looks tacky but is it that bad in real life or should i get the black?

ah friend of mine has the tan one its actually not that bad looking in real life, there is a good rate of fire of it and accuracy, nice weight too. he has his about a year and has had no trouble except the safety can be a bit tempermental when going from auto to semi auto, might just be his but its nothing a little wiggle doesnt fix:) its well built too his has taken some knocks and is still in one peice!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Its a typical dboys design and the internals are the usual too. very solid and very few of them go wrong. i personally love the look of tan guns, theres too many people out there with black ones that all look the same. Also, there isnt actually a real steel black Scar, only the tan one. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Brabazone

I have the black one and I love it, good weight, ROF and accuracy. The battery compartment is great as it is easy to get at and being in the back of the gun it balances perfect. The pop up metal sights are pretty good too.

I do have a small problem with mine, the fold away stock wont lock in to place, this is due to the small amount of play there is in the stock and the weight of the bat pulling it down so it wont lock into place. Its not a major problem as you will be using it in it opened out anyways and it does lock into place very firmly while in this position.

As for the colour, as I said mine is black and I love it but I also like the tan. The only reason I didn't buy the tan is because you can use standard black M4 mags on the scar and didn't want the hassle of looking for tan mags.

It's personal preference but if I were you I would check to see if you can get the tan mags before you decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Naessens

Brabazone wrote: »
    The only reason I didn't buy the tan is because you can use standard black M4 mags on the scar and didn't want the hassle of looking for tan mags.

I'll just spray black m4 mags tan, unless that would get the mags stuck:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Brabazone

I'll just spray black m4 mags tan, unless that would get the mags stuck:confused:

I think that would work but not sure what spray paint you would use, don't have any experience in that area at all.

Maybe some of the more experienced guys here might know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

krylon........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭robbie brazel

does it cum with threads for a silencer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

does it cum with threads for a silencer

yeap the scar does just remove the flash hider and screw a silencer on. i think its a 14mm thread on the scar.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

yup thats right, a 14mm counter clockwise thread. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

Ok, put the mag in the reciver. Take a pen/pencil/etc and draw a line just short of the reciver (on the mag)

Remove the mag. Use tape and paper (masking tape) to cover the area of the mag that enters the reciver. Then spray paint.
    Allow to dry. Remove tape and paper.

Tada, mag painted without risking the mag getting stuck or paint chips in ur internals

• Advertisement
Advertisement