Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Value Pint?

Options
  • 04-03-2009 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

well i for one thought that the vintners association had announced a price freeze for a year a few months ago - but some watering holes in D15 either must not be affiliated or must not have heard about it. Kavanaghs in Laurel Lodge have increased the price of pint from 4.85e to 4.95e:mad:

which brings me to the question just which pub in D15 offers the best value pint? ambiance and surroundings do count for something i suppose but was hoping to find out which pub gives the best value pint. It ain't Kavanaghs that's for sure. 4.95e Wha!

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Depends on your perspective as to what constitutes good value. Personally I don't think there are any really decent pubs in the area, so I'd rather pay a little more for a pint in somewhere like Mulligans or Kehoes in town than a cheaper pint in a soulless suburban pub. That represents better value to me as my enjoyment is enhanced by a lot more than the extra 10 or 20 cents the pint costs.

Cheapest pint in D15 is an entirely different question imo.

Advertisement