Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Lessons in Keyboard, Bass Guitar and Drums in Galway City!!!

Options
  • 04-03-2009 7:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Well hello all. The names Daniel and I have way too much free time in the evenings to do nothing so I'm here hoping you lot could help me find lessons in
    Keyboard, Bass Guitar, and Drums. I'm living in Galway city, very interested in music production, midi and sound synthesis but I'm looking for a bit more hands on experience. My first choice of music is defanetly not what these instruments would traditionally be used for but I do have a wide range of tastes and interests. If you or anyone you know could help please don't hesitate to contact me at dannyking@live.ie. Some theory in these instruments is a must if I'm to attend a lesson and I'm willing to pay a good price for the right tutor. So thanks in advance for your help.

Daniel.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Progger

No one?????

• Registered Users Posts: 31,942 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Keep an eye out in the Galway Advertiser. I know there is a guy called Barry that does drum lessons out the Knocnacarra side(i think). Also, see if there are advertisements up in Modern Music and Back 2 Music. I doubt you will get one person who will teach all of these instruments. It's gonna be a lot of money spent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 luvablelizzie

I don't know any bass teachers but there's a lot of great drum teachers around. Mike Arrigan is the best in Galway so if you can get him then jump at the chance, but even if you can get anyone that was taught by him, you're on the right track.

Im a piano teacher, so the style of music I teach would be slightly different to the style of the keyboard, (as there is the changing of the drum beats and the sounds involved in keyboard playing).
    I wouldn't call myself a keyboard teacher, but if you're interested in taking lessons on learning the instrument, the notes and the music theory, I can help you with that. Give me a shout if you're interested. 085-1319967 Liz

Oh and the galway advertiser is one of the best places to look, September/October and January/February are the best times to look as that's when terms start back up and some pupils have finished exams, so the teachers have spaces.

Hope that helps a bit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 johnacoustic

howya daniel, the names John..... I teach guitar, piano/keyboard and singing all styles. I've just moved back to Galway after some time away gigging around Europe. give me a shout if you still havent found anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Go2Guy

Hi johnacoustic
    My girlfriends sister is learning guitar and looking for one to one lessons in Galway city. Can I get your mobile number or email or website and pass it on...
    If you send me a private message to include details eg location, price etc.
    Thanks...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 johnacoustic

Hey sorry man, I forgot to take off that post.... sorry for the late reply but Im now currently living in Poland,

All the best

John

Advertisement