Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's with this guy Cahill

• 04-03-2009 7:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭

I'm listening to Des Cahill on RTE1 Wed. pm going on about the Kenneth Egan situation.

What is it with this guy??

Delivery is like Ronaldo taking a penalty,start stutter,stop, go a bit, and eventually make his point.

Not doubting his knowledge but for fook sake it's stop start ,stop start.

For Chrissakes it's radio, lets get a bit lucent here.

Has this poster baffled:confused::confused::confused:

How does he get away with it??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

He's a bumbling clown who also happens to be a West Ham fan, heaven help us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

I heard that as well this evening Flutt.

He was more so stuttery than usual...either he was being distracted (perhaps a producer in his ear) or he was being VERY careful about how he worded his questions so as not to cheese anyone off?

He didn't seem as stop/start/stop for the rest of the interviews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

how dare you!! i mean how dare you!!:mad:

criticise Des Cahill

he is a man of the people.....everyone loves Des

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

mick_irl wrote: »
    I heard that as well this evening Flutt.

He was more so stuttery than usual...either he was being distracted (perhaps a producer in his ear) or he was being VERY careful about how he worded his questions so as not to cheese anyone off?

He didn't seem as stop/start/stop for the rest of the interviews.

You know something Mick you might have something there.

Des seems always to be very mindful of his "man of the people" image, so much that he doesn't want to piss anyone off.
    That might explain the delivery that resembles a hen picking her way through nettles, which he adopts when anything even remotely controversial crops up.Especially if it involves anyone from Dublin.
    Never fails to get the dig in at Man U. especially if his interviewee agrees with him, he is like a dog let of the leash...Anyway...as he'd say himself:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

fryup wrote: »

criticise Des Cahill

Its Joe Duffy who's the man of the people, not Des Cahill.

Dont like Cahill's style, grating and condescending!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭IronMan

criticise Des Cahill

I don't like his tone, his presentation, his manner when dealing with callers. He lacks a sense of humour (which I think is necessary when dealing with callers), and his show pales in comparison to off the ball.

Also, what does man of the people mean? Can I call round to his gaff for a cup of tea? Maybe get him to spot me a few quid before I go to the bookies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

he is a disgrace to radio

always sniffling, stop, start, pause...

he wouldnt make community radio grade in some countries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭Cole

criticise Des Cahill

Quite right.

Des is the kind of fella everyone would like to have a pint with and talk about the football.
    We all love to listen to Des on the radio, having the craic, interviewing lads and slagging off Man Utd.

Des is a great character altogether. God be with the days when Aine Lawlor and the team would all have gas craic with Des in the mornings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

:rolleyes:
    Hmmmmmph snoooorrrrrrt tth ...Anyway.

Roooight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

Barname wrote: »
    he is a disgrace to radio

always sniffling, stop, start, pause...

he wouldnt make community radio grade in some countries.

I remember a couple of years ago when the Apres Match team did a sketch on Des Cahill. It showed Des sitting in a chair for a minute humming and hawing and generally making no sense! It was shown once, but it has never appeared again, not even on Youtube. I wonder why?biggrin.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement