Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hi

Options
  • 04-03-2009 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hi, anyone any idea why I have to keep bleeding one or two of the rads in my house to get the air out. I have to do this every fortnight or so to get the air out. Also one of the rads, no air or water at all comes out when you try to bleed it now, is this an airlock and how do I remove it? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Turn off all rads, except the one that has no water or air coming out when bleeding and whack on heat on full, then open air valve and see will it push water and air out of rad..Oh make sure the lock sheild valve on other end is open.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

posibililty of a leak there if you are consistently getting air in the system but the first step is defo to get all the rads full of water before considering a leak

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭The Waxbill

Can anyone help with this, I now have no heat in any of the 4 rads in the upstairs of my house. I found out why the other day when I removed some of the rads and when I opened the valves going into the rads there was only a trickle of water coming out. It's no wonder they were only heating up at the bottom, there wasn't enough water going into them. As an experiment I turned on all the rads in the downstairs and then there was no water at all going to the upstairs rads. What could be causing this, could it be a restriction somewhere?, a problem with the pump? It's strange as it was working fine. Any ideas?

Ger.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

Two posts for the price of one??

If you have an atmospheric system (a small tank in the attic) then check if it's filling. If it's a pressurised system (a red cylinder near the pump, boiler, or hot press) then check the pressure. As jamesm said in your previous post, it sounds like your system has run out of water.

Advertisement