Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Shipping Rates

• 04-03-2009 8:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

Hey I am finishing off two websites. Its my first time building an ecommerce website. The first one is done in flash and the other is done in a zen cart.

How to you guys work out the shipping rates for items? I tried to ring an post make they had a calculator or something but no luck. My clients are worried about over charging, so they need to be fairly accurate. I am having problems with multiple items being ordered.

Thanks for the help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Zen cart has a comprehensive way of dealing with delivery charges, by

Flat Rate flat
    Free Shipping Options
    Free Shipping
    Per Item item
    Per Unit Weight
    Store Pickup
    Table Rate
    United Parcel Service
    United States Postal Service
    Zone Rates

Just pick which way your going to charge and let zen cart work it out for you and you'll never over charge once the correct rate is entered into the system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

I tried to ring an post make they had a calculator or something

An Post have all their rates on their website. You just need to figure out what weight your package (including packaging, etc.) will be, and figure out which weight band that's in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,522 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I know a shop that uses An Post Express - the owner buys a book of prepaid tickets. I assume that it covers up to a certain weight.

PressiePort uses NPX (National Parcel Express). Again I think that there is a fixed price up to a certain weight.

Advertisement