Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confused :(

Options
  • 04-03-2009 8:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

I came out as gay 2years ago, i love bein wit women, emotionally and physically. I've been wit men in the past and it wasnt a good experience i didn enjoy it. I split up wit my ex of 2yrs in october and i've only bein wit one 1 girl since, i really liked that girl and she dumped me and the night she dumped me i kissed a fella and i've start talkin to fella's on the internet and i've even been on a date wit one. I really wanna be wit a girl but cant understand why im talkin to fella's again, i liked the date but the thoughts of sleepin wit a man repulses me. I know im a lesbian but confused bout why i talk to fella's and why i enjoyed the date. I probably dont make any sense right now, my heads so messed up. Can anyone help me on this please? Thanks x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Friendship?

I'd say only you can really answer this question for yourself but in my experience plenty of gay people enjoy the company of the opposite sex.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭xxlilyxx

Yeah your right, it could be jus the friendship of the fellas i like. I never even thought of that. It makes sense. Thanks x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Apart from the friendship aspect just bear in mind this could be a "safe" way for you to start dating again. By dating a guy you know you are in control and that there is no chance of you falling for him/getting hurt again. Just make sure that you are honest with any guy you get involved with and remember it's not a bad thing if you decide you want to see a guy either.

Enjoy yourself and give yourself time to get over past hurts *s

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

I think you're trying to protect yourself, you want to be close to someone without fear of getting hurt again. What you need is a friend without any sexual feelings, just someone to be there for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭MissRealist

I think the other posters above me are right. You don't have to be attracted to somebody to enjoy their company:)

I personally find lads easier to talk to. Maybe you're the same?? It could also be that they have no connection to your sexuality. (You seem pretty sure you're into girls.) And as a result no connection to the hurt of your break up. It could simply be a protective instinct if you know what I mean...

• Advertisement
Advertisement