Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fear of Flying---Aviatours

• 04-03-2009 8:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Has anyone tried this course at the airport?

http://www.aviatours.co.uk/venues/view/15

Reckon it looks pretty good but wanted to see if there was any feedback out there,

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭merlie

Hi all,

Has anyone tried this course at the airport?

http://www.aviatours.co.uk/venues/view/15

Reckon it looks pretty good but wanted to see if there was any feedback out there,

Cheers

I dont know of this course but I have have heard of things like this to help overcome fear of flying. But it can go either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭thejuggler

My other half did this course but it didn't work long term. The most common cause of fear of flying is lack of control of the situation. Clausterphobia can also play a part I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭fergal_d

hypnotheraphy FTW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Actually did try that a few years ago, probably wasted my money though, didnt feel any difference. I must not be very susceptable to it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭con1982

I hadn't heard of the course before. I used to have a terrible fear of flying. Heights are a bit of an issue for me too. After 15metres or so I feel kinda dizzy.

I went to a hypnotherapist 2 years ago. I am a real sceptic but was forced to go by my girlfriend. Easier to go to two sessions that listen to her.....
    I didn't think too much of it at the time but i feel it has worked for me since

I first started flying with a vodka or two in me. After 4 flights or so i stopped the vodkas. I still feel a little odd flying. I have to look out the window for the entire flight (Haven't flown more than 3hrs yet). I find it helps watching the world go by. If i look up and down the plane I get a real sense of being in a metal can. I don't worry pre-flight anymore, before I was dreading the flight for a month.

CG

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

i think my breathing and pulse rate has doubled while reading this

anyone know of nice holiday destinations in ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭siobhank

Hi
    my boyfriend did the course and enjoyed it, was delighted he got up in a plane (a twin prop, I wouldn't go near it and I have no problem with flying!)
    however it was a short-lived burst of enthusiasm. He did hypnotism also but again he was only confident for a few weeks afterward.
    He flies about twice a year (I make him do it) and takes Valium. Makes no difference to him really; it is the build up to take-off that gets him going.
    He has a number of books etc he reads coming up to the holidays but to be honest it's more a case of shoving him on a plane and telling him to grin and bear it for a few hours which I know is selfish of me but he is always glad when he gets to our foreign destination that he did it!

Advertisement