Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can't control my drinking

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭gags89

hmm i agree with the vodka- mixing does create different drunken mind states for example - on beer im a lad, loud and singing, vodka im a lil tense and agressive sometimes and kind of blackout, on whiskey i am a sleaze. messy and have a terrible hangover on it!

I would put this down to social pressure '' the need not to miss out on anything'' You know what i mean, the texts that fly around prior to a friday/saturday night ''what u doin 2nit,whos goin etc?'' its just people not confident enough to know they can have a good time regardless need a certain amount of group leaders there so it makes it a popular activity to do. You just feel the need to fit it. Social value is not based on following the crowd and sharing in the stories of ''omg what happened last night . i remember nothing typa thing, ' Its on i did what i wanted to do, I went out and hit on women/men left right and centre and scored wuhoo!, I stayed in and watched a dvd because i was tired (do you ever feel anxious when you havnt seen your phone in a while or that again if you dont show your face, your missing out on some great thing?)

Its a very commen trait of teens these days, including myself when i was one i think im growing out of it now but it does need to be addressed

You dont need help ie addiction etc etc, just need to learn to be confident, and stronger in yourself and socially. easily done though, i did it!google it/pm me for advice

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Just do what I do, leave the atm card at home and take a tenner for 2 drinks, works a charm.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

It's a common misconception that in order to be an alcoholic you have to drink all day every day or as you said, grab a drink first thing upon waking up. There are lots of alcoholics out there who hold down steady jobs and live perfectly "normal" lives Monday to Friday, or even go for weeks and months without a drink and still have a dependency. A limited amount of research on the net will support me on this point. It's not about how much you drink, it's about the effect the drinking has on you.

http://alcoholism.about.com/cs/tests/a/aa040130.htm

i could not have put it better myself.i have a problem wit drink an can go for quite a time wit out one but cant seem to not want one for most/all off the time.and a lot of the time i wont drink till the night but cant wait till the night and know full well this is not helpin my drink problem.

Advertisement